GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I Need a trusted vendor for GMC Acadia body parts....

Yes it snowed and someone slid into my 2 day old PARKED Acadia. The rear bumper covet is scratched up, the chrome piece cracked and a 2 inch dimple in the bottom of the hatch door.

I have the body shop looking at it tomorrow, may or may not fix it since it could look worse if they re-paint.

The plastic bumper cover and chrome strip could possibly be replaced by me or hopefully not too expensive at the dealer. All in all, it will be out of pocket due to hopefully being below deductable for insurance and or not willing to have a relatively minor event on the insurance record.

Retail for the cover ia about $400. Hoping to find a better deal with shipping.
Edit/Delete Message

·
Premium Member
969 Posts
Ouch. Sorry to hear.

I got sideswiped in my VW after a week of owning it. IT was by a motorcycle and he basically sliced my bumper cover. Paint and bumper was 1100.

·
Premium Member
2,259 Posts
Holy crap! That does suck. Was it a hit-and-run? I'm wondering why the other person isn't paying for this.

·
Registered
315 Posts
I don't think you're going to find a vendor for body parts already. In cases like this, however small, the only real viable option (at least for the bumper cover) is an actual repair shop (dealer or otherwise) who can get the parts and then re-spray just the bumper. It won't look off at all when done properly, and it's only the bumper cover it seems, so that's not hard.

·
Premium Member
822 Posts
Reminds me of when I was a teenager. My brother bought an old VW beetle and restored it. Did all the body work, painted it, re-uphostered the interior, rebuilt the engine. The very first time he drove it after it was finished, some guy ran a stop sign and broadsided him. Broke his heart. He couldn't bring himself to fix it again, and sold it as it was.

Kelly

·
Registered
37 Posts
I feel your pain! I live downwind from Lake Erie, and will put off my purchase till summer. Way too easy to take a hit in all this snow. Good luck with repairs.

·
Registered
360 Posts
I personally use Ken Fitchner Chevrolet. They can get all GM parts for great prices. You will want to speak with Bob or Tom. Tell them Adam Boca sent you from the Corvette Museum. 800-234-5284

Adam Boca

1 - 7 of 7 Posts