GMC Acadia Forum banner

Are you experiencing this issue with your Acadia?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

• N/A

• Total voters
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
PERHAPS GM SHOULD LEARN HOW TO MAKE PANEL JOINTS TIGHT WITHOUT HAVING THE DOOR EDGE RUB ON ADJACENT BODY PANELS WHEN IT OPENS. EITHER THAT OR GO BACK TO THE WIDER JOINTS.

VERY DISAPPOINTED. LOOKS LIKE A TRIP TO THE BODY SHOP BEFORE THE RUST STARTS.

·
Registered
497 Posts
Are you referring to an Acadia or another GM vehicle you own? If Acadia, what model do you have and when did you take delivery?

·
Premium Member
894 Posts
mrmugs said:
PERHAPS GM SHOULD LEARN HOW TO MAKE PANEL JOINTS TIGHT WITHOUT HAVING THE DOOR EDGE RUB ON ADJACENT BODY PANELS WHEN IT OPENS. EITHER THAT OR GO BACK TO THE WIDER JOINTS.

VERY DISAPPOINTED. LOOKS LIKE A TRIP TO THE BODY SHOP BEFORE THE RUST STARTS.
I would take it back to the dealer and have them check it out or fix it.

From the few I have poked around in and my own fit and finish is amazing.

·
Registered
497 Posts
I concur with Joe. I haven't found a problem yet on mine. If I had a severe door fit issue, I'd really push my local "lemon law" and force a complete fix or replacement.

·
Registered
269 Posts
We should probably start a list of items to check for which people have encountered so that new buyers can take a checklist with them. This one is going on mine-- check all doors and hinges!!!

·
Registered
119 Posts
mitchl said:
We should probably start a list of items to check for which people have encountered so that new buyers can take a checklist with them. This one is going on mine-- check all doors and hinges!!!
Excellent idea. When mine comes in I don't want the excitement of going to pick it up keep me from looking it over for things like this. If I had a list of things to check when I pick it up that would really help.

·
Registered
322 Posts
readyforacadia said:
If I had a severe door fit issue, I'd really push my local "lemon law" and force a complete fix or replacement.
Lemon Law would not apply here...If it goes back for the same thing 3 times or more within the warrenty period then it qualifies for the lemon law.

Best advice is to take it back to the dealer and have it realligned...

Adam

·
Registered
32 Posts
mitchl said:
I have been a member to another site for a different automobile (glad we didn't purchase that one) and they had a pdf document that they posted to their users called a New Car Checklist. It was specifically for that vehicle and to be used while you are checking your new vehicle out at the dealer before taking posession. Does anyone know if GMC has one for their trucks that could be used/posted for Acadia buyers?

·
Premium Member
1,762 Posts
Mine also has very good fit and finish - no issues with body panels at all.

As for the checklist, this board should serve that purpose well, along with the Tech Section FAQ, which shows how to perform certain confusing actions. If we can keep this "Problems and Fixes" board concise (one post per issue, FIXED or not in the topic header), it will serve perfectly as a complete list of things others have had issues with and going down the line should be as good as a checklist, with much more info about each issue.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
LOWER CORNER ON HINGE SIDE OF DRIVER DOOR. YOU BARELY NOTICE IT, UNLESS YOU LISTEN VERY CAREFULLY, AND PUT YOUR HAND ON THE FENDER PANEL AS YOU OPEN AND CLOSE THE DOOR. YOU MAY HEAR RUBBING. GLAD TO HEAR SO MANY LUCKY PEOPLE DIDN'T HAVE THE SAME PROBLEM.

PERHAPS WE SHOULD HAVE A POLL ON EVERY POST......LOL

GLAD I NOTICED IT BEFORE THE RUST STARTS. OTHER THAN THAT VERY HAPPY. LET'S KEEP SOME PERSPECTIVE THOUGH..... IT'S JUST A CAR.

·
Registered
497 Posts
Just went outside and we opened and closed the doors and watched with a flashlight. No issues. But, down at the lowest corner of the driver and passenger door, the front quarter panels are a bit thicker. Also, are they plastic or metal?

·
Registered
126 Posts
If this is the worst people can find it must be a good vehicle.

·
Registered
484 Posts
We purchased our 08 back in Oct this year. We notice that when it is cold out we got a pop noise as we opened up the driver side door. Turns out it is exactly like stated above. The lower most part of the drivers door is rubbing the front fender. This only happens when it is cold. Once the weather gets above 50 degrees it doesn't rub anymore. Why the cold makes it happen I don't know but once it gets cold you can see it rub and grab the fender. So off to the body shop it goes. From looking at it you wouldn't think it would rub but it does. I can see that this topic has not been posted to in over three months but felt it wouldn't hurt to bring it back up again incase some one else is now having an issue with the cold weather.

7k miles and no other issues. :thumb:

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hey I just bought an 07 two months ago and the same thing happens to me and it is way more attention grabbing when it is COLD outside! Glad to know I am not crazy! :blob:

·
Registered
614 Posts
Can someone repost this forum in December so I'll remember the issue better? We're basking in 85 degree weather today. :cheers:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Long time lurker first time caller. ;D

I seem to have the issue of the driver door rubbing the fender. It was down low. The wife had the dealer look at it when she took it in to have them reprogram the tire air pressure monitor (another story for another time). Unfortunately it wasnt rubbing when she took it in but they said they had the body shop mak an adjustment. Definitley is a tempurature related issue.

lot of good info here.

I have a 2008 SLT-2. No real problems to report other than short range on the remote start which I am thinking about upgrading for the wife as a Christmas present. Most of my issues are with the dealer/service dept. that I bought it from.

Over all love the vehicle.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello , I have noticed on my 07 slt2 the paint is gone where OP has stated. Driver door lower left side rubs on front fender .

1 - 18 of 18 Posts