GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does the 2008 Acadia have bluetooth? I think I read the 2009's do, but not sure about 2008's? And I dont' see "button" anywhere regarding bluetooth, so my guess is no, but I could be wrong...it's happened before.

L

AF Moderator edit- Short Attention Span Summary[/color]
Click here! Keep an eye on this GM Trucks forum thread[/color]
That way everyone is getting the same info at the same time. Thanks for finding this Deep Blue[/color] :)

·
Registered
70 Posts
No bluetooth in the 2008's. This is a new feature for the 2009 model. And what a nice feature it is!! :thumb: ;D

·
Registered
487 Posts
LBrown said:
Does the 2008 Acadia have bluetooth? I think I read the 2009's do, but not sure about 2008's? And I dont' see "button" anywhere regarding bluetooth, so my guess is no, but I could be wrong...it's happened before.

L
Are you sure your a female? You better watch out for all the rest of the females, because now us men know you can be wrong.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well...last time I checked I was a female! I swear! ;)

I almost felt silly asking the bluetooth question, b/c I didn't see any info or "button" regarding bluetooth....BUUUUUT...on the other hand, I didn't realize I had a rear camera for backing up either until a week after I got my Acadia...in fact this was how I found out I had it...

Ben: Did you get the Back up camera feature in your vehicle?

Me: no, stinker, huh?

Ben: (playing with menu options on the nav screen thingy)...why does it say Rear Camera options then?

Me: good question...what is this we found?

Ben: Ahhh...I think you do have the Rear Back up camera, try to back up now (as he clicks on an option)..

And wah'la....I have one. I can't believe I didn't know it. I thought I just had the Ultra Assist option where it just beeps.

So I figured maybe I could have the Bluetooth and not know it...bummer.

·
Premium Member
3,374 Posts
:D Colorado, funniest thing I've read all day.

The Bluetooth can be added- there is a recent post about the Scosche option. I'm moving this thread to the AV/Nav section, there are also other posts there that will be helpful.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Since Bluetooth is becoming a necessity in most states by law, couldn't "Cash Strapped" GM make a little money by providing Pre 09 owners a factory bluetooth upgrade? Delphi says contact the GM. Would be better than buying lockpicks and kits or velcro-ing buttons to the dash.? Any ideas.. anyone ? I could use bluetooth in my 07 Acadia.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Fugitive said:
Since Bluetooth is becoming a necessity in most states by law, couldn't "Cash Strapped" GM make a little money by providing Pre 09 owners a factory bluetooth upgrade? Delphi says contact the GM. Would be better than buying lockpicks and kits or velcro-ing buttons to the dash.? Any ideas.. anyone ? I could use bluetooth in my 07 Acadia.
Makes a ton of sense, which is why they won't do it. Hence why they're in their current financial situation.

But I'm not bitter. :beer:

·
Registered
5 Posts
I found this on a GM-Trucks.com forum:

QUOTE (07crewsierra @ Mar 16 2009, 11:18 AM) *
here are the parts you need to add factory bluetooth to your 07 or 08, sierra silverado, yukon, yukon xl, tahoe, suburban, acadia, and enclave.

vcim # 20783877
antenna # 15938939
steering wheel switch # 25851951

07crewsierra Mar 17 2009, 06:28 PM
I know for sure you can add bluetooth to the vehicles I listed before, because I work at a GMC dealership and have done it. you will need to replace your VCIM with the new one and add the antenna that just plugs into it and have it programmed at your dealer, then it can take up to 24 hours for your onstar to reactivate that is if you still have an onstar subscription. you really dont have to change the steering wheel buttons if you dont want the only difference is that they have a picture of a phone, I did because they are under $30 for the buttons.[/color]

AF Moderator edit[/color]
Click here! Keep an eye on this GM Trucks forum thread[/color]
That way everyone is getting the same info at the same time. Thanks for finding this Deep Blue[/color] :)

Not sure if this is accurate but looks good :thumb:.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Deep Blue Metallic Man said:
Not sure if this is accurate but looks good :thumb:.
This looks way cool. Is VCIM the OnStar module?

·
Registered
96 Posts
After extensive reading on the gm-truck site ... appears that they have had some luck... if you go to page 12, one of the members got installed everything, but due to having a typical lazy gm dealer to deal with, he was unable to get it flashed, but after 2 days the bluetooth started to work without ever having anything programmed??? Sounds positive, and would be the cats arse if it worked!!!! I'm following their site to see where this ends up!!!!! :binky: :drunk:

·
Registered
3 Posts
what is really cool is this new PDIM module upcoming in GM cars...allows you to plug in USB MP3 players/ipods and control them from the steering wheel. In this link below the engineer that worked on the bluetooth portion of it says you can stream your music from your phone using A2BP Bluetooth. Now the question is if it will be possible to install it retroactively into our older Acadia's. Theoretically it could be possible since most of all our GM cars are on the GMLAN system right?
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=14091

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello,

I own a 2008 with Nav and was told today by a dealership that they would not be able to upgrade my system to include the Bluetooth components. Wondering if anyone has faced similar issue or has the ability to purchase the following parts:

vcim # 20783877
antenna # 15938939
steering wheel switch # 25851951

I am being told that the VCIM part is the issue.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks.!

·
Premium Member
3,374 Posts
I have prominently linked the GM-Truck forum thread in this thread. They seem to be the cutting edge of research to do this modification, so please keep checking in there. It looks like the parts are on order as of 6-5-09, so give them some time to get them and then get them installed.

·
Registered
6 Posts
try the Bluestar PNP from costartech.com

I have it in my truck. Took 5 minutes to install, and it works great. It uses the stock Onstar buttons, mic, etc - unlike the scoche and coastal-e-tech products.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Having a problem getting the bluetooth working. I paired the phone successfully (Verizon Wireless Dare phone). The number dials out and then when the other person answers, the radio starts playing and there is no voice heard on either end of the phone. I looked at the phone and it shows that it called the person I was dialing, but no voices are coming over. Can anyone help?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Mine has Bluetooth.
2009 GMC Acadia SLT-2

Once the phone is paired, it will stay connected, but once I try to call using the voice activation or the saved numbers in the nav system it disconnects. When I first started using the bluetooth system, it worked fine, then after 1 day it went to only staying connected unless you tried to use it. I have performed a master reset on my phone and it has not helped. i hvae removed the phone and repaired it and still th same results. The Phone is a Moto Q9C.

Has anyone else had this problem?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts