GMC Acadia Forum banner

aftermarket bluetooth run through car stereo available?

• yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • no

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,
I'm considering buying the Acadia and would like to know what current owners have done to put Bluetooth in using the car's Stereo. I have seen wiring kits on-line that promise to do the job. Has anyone done it with what results and costs?? Second, is there a chance to see factory installed Bluetooth with the 2008 model? Any comments will be appreciated.

·
Registered
122 Posts
I don't think we will see bluetooth on a gm vehicle for awhile. I have a feeling OnStar wouldn't want to take away from the handsfree dialing they offer. Just my guess.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Well what i am waiting for is for this unit to become available for the Acadia, this combined with an aftermarket bluetooth solution will link it thru the onstar hands free mic and speaker and i believe to the navigation dialing too that will use you cell phone instead of the onstar dialing. This will also perform all the unlocks too which is what i need, what you think? This is what i am waiting for.

http://www.coastaletech.com/SUPERGMLOCKPICK.htm

·
Registered
16 Posts
Looks like Verizon has the monopoly on the Onstar market for now. Not a bad deal if your a current Verizon subscriber.

Here's the info on it:

Now there's a wireless plan no one else can offer. It's the Verizon Wireless America's ChoiceSM Plan with OnStar, a Family SharePlan that lets you share your Verizon Wireless Plan minutes between your wireless phone and your OnStar Hands-Free Calling.

Make OnStar Hands-Free calls for less using your Verizon Wireless Family SharePlan minutes.

Add your vehicle as a second line to a Verizon Wireless America's Choice Family SharePlan for more value and convenience.
Make and receive hands-free, voice-activated calls on the road easily at the touch of a button.
Get unlimited nights and weekend minutes, and with National IN Calling get unlimited calls to other Verizon Wireless customers without using plan minutes.
Enjoy the simplicity of one plan, one package of minutes, and one bill for all of your calls.
Forward your calls from your Verizon Wireless phone to your OnStar Hands-Free calling to enjoy the convenience of hands-free calling while driving.
With Verizon Wireless you'll get the Nation's most reliable wireless network.

With our world moving faster than ever, staying connected can be a challenge.
But now there's the America's Choice Plan with OnStar, the smart, simple and most comprehensive way to stay in touch-- on and off the road.

America's Choice Plan with OnStar Eligibility Requirements

Eligible subscribers must have:
Minimum one-year remaining OnStar subscription and one-year Verizon Wireless contract required.
Vehicles must be equipped with OnStar digital hardware*.
Must be in an eligible market.

·
Registered
35 Posts
but you know what the catch is with adding the acadia to your vz wireless plan, is that to use the onstar handsfree calling you will still need to keep th e minimum onstar plan which is something like $16/month. So would cost $26/mo plus you will use your shared minutes.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Looks like Verizon has the monopoly on the Onstar market for now. Not a bad deal if your a current Verizon subscriber.

Meh...it just means that you will have a different phone number to give out to everyone you know, and hope they keep calling that phone number when you're in the car (because if people call your non-Onstar phone number while you're driving, you're SOL on bluetooth). Unless, of course, you make the OnStar/Verizon phone number your primary number. And let's not forget that the $10/month Verizon charge is probably something like $14 once you add in all the taxes/regulatory fees.

That GM Lockpick is the way to go, if it works for the Acadia. Using the factory mike is a nice touch, since if you don't install aftermarket bluetooth units properly (i.e. especially placement of the mike), you'll get a lot of roadnoise on the other end.

·
Premium Member
894 Posts
nxs138 said:

Meh...it just means that you will have a different phone number to give out to everyone you know, and hope they keep calling that phone number when you're in the car (because if people call your non-Onstar phone number while you're driving, you're SOL on bluetooth). Unless, of course, you make the OnStar/Verizon phone number your primary number. And let's not forget that the $10/month Verizon charge is probably something like $14 once you add in all the taxes/regulatory fees.
You are partially wrong. Yes, you get a new number but you don't have to give it to anyone.

you get in and on your cell dial*72 (the Acadia phone #). All your calls ar eno forwarded to the truck. Whoever cslls your primary now goes to the truck.

When you ge tout you dial *73.

Done.

·
Registered
41 Posts
NY_Joe,

Wow, Thanks! That's a huge help. I don't need that Parrot now.

Here's a cold one for ya'. :beer:

DBinMV

·
Registered
35 Posts
but you still gotta keep the lowest on start package to have access to the hands free right? i think the cost is like $16 / mo?

·
Registered
11 Posts
yes you have to keep onstar going. AND they don't tell you that you lose the virtual advisor feature if you use the verizon add-on.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts