GMC Acadia Forum banner

21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Super Moderator
19,657 Posts
I don't know what the VCIM is so I don't know if it's bad or not. Lol. Or where it is
The VCIM is a communication module for OnStar/Bluetooth equipped vehicles. It's located in the LR of the vehicle. You'll find other threads on this forum with diagrams showing where it is and discussing what it takes to change one. Use "VCIM" as your keyword in the 'search community' tool.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I am currently having this problem. 2006 Acadia. I have also had trouble with the battery. On cold days, the car often doesn't start but have had the battery tested and the say it's fine. Wondering if the bluetooth not working is connected to this.
I have a 2012 Buick Verano and had the same problems. No Bluetooth connection, no response from steering wheel phone connect. ALSO, my compass was not working. SO, I disconnected one of my battery cables, waited about a minute, and reconnected. Hallelujah! It Worked. My compass is back along with my Bluetooth. I didn't even have to pair my again; it was recognized. Thank your so very much for your suggestions!

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
Just wanted to post an update on this issue, since I was lucky enough to get it solved.
Last week my wife managed to completely kill the battery in the Acadia somehow, stone dead. After boosting and restarting, the bluetooth system is completely back to normal again and working fine.
I had thought of disconnecting the battery as a last effort to try and solve the problem, but really didn't think it would make a difference. Looks like I should have tried it after all.

Thanks for the input from everyone.
I know that I am replying to a thread over 5 years old.

It seems that in today electronics that unplugging the device(ie in this case removing battery power) often solves the problem. It has to be completely unplugged and not just turned off. I have had problems with several devices that were solved in this manner.

George

21 - 23 of 23 Posts