GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The bluetooth system on my 2010 SLT2 has stopped working completely. Everything was fine until about 2 weeks ago, but now it seems like the bluetooth system is not even turned on. When I push the "push to talk" button on the steering wheel nothing happens.
Is there a fuse somewhere dedicated to the bluettoth system, or is there a way that it may have been turned off somehow? Has anyone else had a similar problem?

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

-Jason

·
Super Moderator
20,009 Posts
No separate bluetooth (BT) fuse that I'm aware of - believe it's a built-in radio function.

Sometimes, phone updates will interfere with older BT profile info stored in the radio. First, make sure BT on the phone is working properly with other BT devices. It might be a good thing to turn off your phone and re-boot it, too. Then try this - remove your phone's BT profile from the system and re-pair the phone to the car. If that doesn't work, there may be a problem in the car's BT system that will require professional help.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply Speleos.
My wife and I had both done the recent updates to iOS 8 on our phones quite a while before this problem started, and were lucky enough not to have the issues that I've read about that so many others have experienced.
I have tried to reboot the phone and re-pair it to the bluetooth system, but when I push the "push to talk" button on the steering wheel to start the pairing process nothing happens.
I was hoping to be able to find a simple fix for this problem, but may end up at the dealer in the end.

·
Super Moderator
20,009 Posts
jasonbrown48 said:
I have tried to reboot the phone and re-pair it to the bluetooth system, but when I push the "push to talk" button on the steering wheel to start the pairing process nothing happens. ...
Could be something as simple as the button went bad on you - let's hope. I don't have the GM BT system and never worked with it. On others I have used (Chrysler), the pairing process was done on a touchscreen - the push-to-talk button simply initiated voice recognition.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Good thought, but I'm pretty sure the button is ok. The same button is used to mute the radio, and it works ok for that. To use for Bluetooth you have to push and hold for two seconds. Sorry, should have mentioned that before.

Thanks for your help.

·
Registered
2,618 Posts
jasonbrown48 said:
The bluetooth system on my 2010 SLT2 has stopped working completely. Everything was fine until about 2 weeks ago, but now it seems like the bluetooth system is not even turned on. When I push the "push to talk" button on the steering wheel nothing happens.
Is there a fuse somewhere dedicated to the bluettoth system, or is there a way that it may have been turned off somehow? Has anyone else had a similar problem?

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

-Jason
Good Evening Jason,

It's a bummer to hear that these symptoms have began to show themselves. We're only a PM away if there's anything that we can help you get addressed.

I hope you have a great weekend!

Jonathan A.
GMC Customer Care

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Just wanted to post an update on this issue, since I was lucky enough to get it solved.
Last week my wife managed to completely kill the battery in the Acadia somehow, stone dead. After boosting and restarting, the bluetooth system is completely back to normal again and working fine.
I had thought of disconnecting the battery as a last effort to try and solve the problem, but really didn't think it would make a difference. Looks like I should have tried it after all.

Thanks for the input from everyone.

·
Super Moderator
20,009 Posts
jasonbrown48 said:
Just wanted to post an update on this issue, since I was lucky enough to get it solved.
Last week my wife managed to completely kill the battery in the Acadia somehow, stone dead. After boosting and restarting, the bluetooth system is completely back to normal again and working fine.
I had thought of disconnecting the battery as a last effort to try and solve the problem, but really didn't think it would make a difference. Looks like I should have tried it after all.
Did this require pairing the phone again?

·
Premium Member
14,870 Posts
Dying battery caused the Bluetooth system to not work correctly? Interesting and glad to hear all is working again

·
Super Moderator
20,009 Posts
FORUM GM said:
Dying battery caused the Bluetooth system to not work correctly? Interesting and glad to hear all is working again
That's not what was said!! Briefly, the thread states: BT wasn't working first - battery was good until wife drained it at some point - jumped the car and BT started working again.

·
Registered
1 Posts
jasonbrown48 said:

Thanks for the input from everyone.

I just happened to stumble upon this doing a search online. I just bought a 2010 GMC Acadia a few weeks ago and my bluetooth worked just fine. I had a part replaced under the hood and then reset the system by disconnecting my battery. The bluetooth never worked again after that. Same thing as you listed, the mute button worked fine just not kicking on the bluetooth. I am wondering if I reset the battery again if this would get it to work again. Anyone else I wonder ever have this problem as well.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I just happened to stumble upon this doing a search online. I just bought a 2010 GMC Acadia a few weeks ago and my bluetooth worked just fine. I had a part replaced under the hood and then reset the system by disconnecting my battery. The bluetooth never worked again after that. Same thing as you listed, the mute button worked fine just not kicking on the bluetooth. I am wondering if I reset the battery again if this would get it to work again. Anyone else I wonder ever have this problem as well.
OK, hate to bring up an old thread but it's perfectly applicable, and hoping to ping those that posted here and request your help. This has recently happened to me. No Bluetooth. One day it was there and working great, and now it is not. The call button simply mutes the radio now.

Interestingly, and following the comments in this thread, we replaced the battery on January 1st of this year. Coincidence? I think not. So, any of you ever figure this out?

Thanks,

·
Registered
1 Posts
Look for the cabin fuse labeled INFO. This is your vehicle's communication circuit. It's #22 in my 2010 Silverado. I removed the fuse, then put it back in. This reset my Bluetooth and it works. I have to do this once or twice per year, but it's simpler than disconnecting the battery and a lot less expensive than a new Bluetooth/OnStar unit.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I am currently having this problem. 2006 Acadia. I have also had trouble with the battery. On cold days, the car often doesn't start but have had the battery tested and the say it's fine. Wondering if the bluetooth not working is connected to this.

·
Super Moderator
20,009 Posts
I am currently having this problem. 2006 Acadia. I have also had trouble with the battery. On cold days, the car often doesn't start but have had the battery tested and the say it's fine. Wondering if the bluetooth not working is connected to this.
Welcome to the forum.
Hope you don't have an '06 Acadia. The vehicle didn't exist until the '07 model year. ;) Bluetooth wasn't available from the factory until later than that.

It's unlikely Bluetooth has anything to do with a battery problem. You say it "often" doesn't start. That would suggest there's most likely a problem with either the CRNK relay, the ignition switch, or the BCM, even the ECM. It will require some additional diagnosis to be sure where the problem occurs. Changing the CRNK relay first is by far the least expensive of possible solutions. Intermittent failure of this relay is also a common cause of a 'no start' (no crank) problem.

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
First time I have seen this thread. However, I want to make a comment on Bluetooth going "bad."

With my 2013 Acadia it will occasionally lose the Blue tooth connection. I know of nothing wrong other than the Bluetooth does not work. A simple re-pairing always fixes the problem. No muss, no fuss, no big deal. Just re-pair.

George

·
Registered
6 Posts
Our 2011 Acadia SLT lost Bluetooth also. I have tried the battery disconnect. We even had to buy a new battery at one point. The only thing it does when I push the button is mute the radio. I deleted anything ony phone that was paired with anything and still nothing

·
Super Moderator
20,009 Posts
Our 2011 Acadia SLT lost Bluetooth also. I have tried the battery disconnect. We even had to buy a new battery at one point. The only thing it does when I push the button is mute the radio. I deleted anything ony phone that was paired with anything and still nothing
It's possible the OnStar/Bluetooth VCIM has gone bad. :unsure:

·
Registered
6 Posts
I don't know what the VCIM is so I don't know if it's bad or not. Lol. Or where it is

1 - 20 of 23 Posts