GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As the title states, I just pulled out my Acadia owner's manual to see about connecting my Blackberry via Bluetooth. What do you know? I was able to do it quickly and easily!

My first test call was to my best friend who's probably a little more particular about audio quality. He had no idea I was talking via Bluetooth. The second test call was to my girlfriend who was also quite impressed with the quality saying she would enjoy a similar feature in her car.

The best part is having the buttons you need built in to the steering wheel to complete calls. Makes hand free driving that much easier!

I do have have to add a small footnote to the above. While call quality was fantastic, I was parked in my garage like a geek setting it all up and making calls. I wasn't actually driving. The Acadia is quiet, but it will be more interesting to see how the calls are while on the road.

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
Re: Just Hooked Up Bluetooth: 09

If I did not think I would loose my shorts on the trade in, I am very tempted to leverage the GMS and trade my 2008 for the 2009 just to get the Blue Tooth and the cooled seats. Of course, if I did that, I would get the trailering package too. :)

·
Registered
195 Posts
GAR said:
If I did not think I would loose my shorts on the trade in, I am very tempted to leverage the GMS and trade my 2008 for the 2009 just to get the Blue Tooth and the cooled seats. Of course, if I did that, I would get the trailering package too. :)
You only live once ;)

Can't take it with you :D

Life's too short ;D

It's only money ::) ......................................................... need more reason to do it ??????

·
Registered
113 Posts

I may be in left field on this one, but what is so great about having bluetooth in your car? I can see it's advantage for being hands free, but unless your alone in the car what is the advantage? If you have passengers, then everybody will hear your conversation. Sometimes that might be fine, but other times it might not be. Is there something that I am missing about why bluetooth is so great to have in a vehicle.

·
Registered
48 Posts

bseemore said:
GAR said:
You only live once ;)

Life's too short ;D

It's only money ::) ......................................................... need more reason to do it ??????
Words to live by!!!

·
Registered
1,703 Posts

bseemore said:
GAR said:
You only live once ;)

Life's too short ;D

All good points!! It makes me finally admit that I am not going to trade up because I enjoy my wife more than the car. :)

·
Registered
487 Posts

I think I posted this elsewhere but the bluetooth rocks on the Acadia. It is integrated with the Nav and the DIC. You can store numbers in the DIC or NAV and add Voice Tags to both. Using POI's on the Nav you can pull up the info page on lets say a Resturant and call them. This functionality was available on Nav before but you need a new Cell account that was connected only to the car. The Bluetooth allows you too use your current cell phone to use the call function in the Nav. The sound quality is good while driving the first time I called my wife she didn't know I was on bluetooth. If anyone has any questions on the Bluetooth I may be able to answer them as I have spent sometime learning it.

·
Registered
1,164 Posts

djcjwags said:
The best part is having the buttons you need built in to the steering wheel to complete calls. Makes hand free driving [/color] that much easier!
Really? It steers the car for you while you talk on the phone? Now that would be something! ;)

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

loach said:
djcjwags said:
The best part is having the buttons you need built in to the steering wheel to complete calls. Makes hand free driving [/color] that much easier!
Really? It steers the car for you while you talk on the phone? Now that would be something! ;)
Ooops! I think you know what I meant... or am I hiding one of the Acadia's best kept secrets.... :)

·
Premium Member
3,374 Posts

GAR said:
All good points!! It makes me finally admit that I am not going to trade up because I enjoy my wife more than the car. :)
There may be a co-relation here... I get the impression I will enjoy my wife a lot more when she gets the Acadia! Although, I've been officially banned for the first few days due to all the gadgets such as Bluetooth! I'll have to sneak it out of the garage around 3AM (with my camera & laptop of course so I can take some pics & keep my post count up ;)).

djcjwags and then Loach said:
The best part is having the buttons you need built in to the steering wheel to complete calls. Makes hand free driving[/color] that much easier!

Now that was funny! ;D Reminds me of the lawsuit filed by the guy that bought a Winnebago, took it out for a drive, put it on cruise control, went to make a sandwich in the back, and then predictably crashed. Word is they had to change the owner's manual to prohibit this activity while driving.

·
Registered
1,929 Posts

Is Blue Tooth something you stick in your ear to represent the professional phone expert look? Am I missing something?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

teetertotter said:
Is Blue Tooth something you stick in your ear to represent the professional phone expert look? Am I missing something?
Not in this case... though that is what you commonly see. Bluetooth works in the Acadia by means of a microphone in the car and the audio from the call coming through the speakers. Think speakerphone only on a bigger scale.

·
Registered
423 Posts

I read that the Caller ID displays just the number and not the name right?

Also just wondering abouth this,

what would happen if you are driving while the kids are watching a DVD witht their wireless headphones on and you are listening to some radio/music (I assumme you can do this as I recall i read about it) and then a phone call comes in. Does the audio going to the wireless headsets also get the phone call?

???

·
Premium Member
3,374 Posts

Chop,
I can't answer the DVD sound issue since mine are not hooked up yet. I would think the answer would be no, since they are listening to another audio channel.

As for the caller id, it is number only on our HUD/DIC. The phone still shows the name.

BTW, any relation to Saki? :D

·
Registered
262 Posts

I can verify that the phone call audio does not go to the head phones. Also, a minor note on the caller ID. If you have a voice tag set up (which I would recommend, because it makes calling someone easier then saying their number everytime), then when someone from your voice tag directory calls you (Ralph Nader, for instance), the Acadia will tell you audibly that you have an incoming call from "Ralph Nader". Think of it as audible caller ID for a select few individuals that you have set up in your Acadia...

·
Registered
262 Posts

bhornberger said:
Does anyone with an iphone 3g experience echoing when using the bluetooth?
I've got an Iphone 3g and I get the echo some of the time, just not all the time though. One major problem I am having is after I upgraded to the 2.1 firmware on my phone, I am now unable to answer incoming calls using the steering wheel button......very aggravating.

Which firmware version do you have?

·
Registered
10 Posts

JonTon said:
bhornberger said:
I've got an Iphone 3g and I get the echo some of the time, just not all the time though. One major problem I am having is after I upgraded to the 2.1 firmware on my phone, I am now unable to answer incoming calls using the steering wheel button......very aggravating.

You are absolutely right. With my wife's phone on the old firmware, works great. With mine at 2.1 it wont pick up.

·
Registered
262 Posts

Guess we kinda hijacked the thread here...sorry about that. But while we're on this new/semi-related topic:

bhornberger said:
JonTon said:
bhornberger said:

You are absolutely right. With my wife's phone on the old firmware, works great. With mine at 2.1 it wont pick up.

On the one hand, it's good to know it is not just me. On the other hand, I want full functionality back.

When I bought my phone, I had v2.1 (I think). Everything was working smoothly with my phone and the bluetooth. Then I upgraded to 2.1.01 or something like that and my bluetooth became really unstable in the Acadia. Most of the time it wouldn't even work and it seemed to keep bumping my wife's phone off too somehow. As soon as I switched to 2.1, everything settled down immediately and my wife's phone works flawlessly. My only problem now is I can't answer an incoming call hands free.

Arghhhhh

·
Registered
22 Posts

JonTon,
and others with iPhone 3G 2.1,

There is a lot of discussion on iPhone sites about the problems, and improvements, that come with 2.1.
At least one discussion mentioned "resetting as a New Phone" to solve what sounded like a similar problem with a vehicle connection. I don't have an iPhone and haven't had enough time to play with the Acadia Bluetooth to understand what that means. You might search some iPhone sites for a solution. Most users seemed pleased with the new version once they got it working.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts