GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If any of you folks know what woot! is (www.woot.com), they have a Siemens HKW-700 module that plugs into the cigarette lighter. This may address what I think is one of shortcomings of the Acadia's radio so I just ordered mine. It seemed cheaper than the Parrot or the CoastalETech units mentioned in other threads here. (The Siemens is $25 including shipping.) I will post a follow-up once it comes in and I try it out....

·
Premium Member
1,762 Posts
That's a great price, but I will warn you that, when I researched and ordered my parrot, I read practically ALL those bluetooth devices that have the mics on the plug-in pick up a lot of road and engine noise, being so low. Some of the better ones had noise cancellation circuity to help out, but others didn't and were practically useless. But at $20, why not give it a try? Let us know how it works out, and thanks for the tip!

·
Registered
12 Posts
I havent done enough research on this yet, but i have been hearing advertising for a kenwood component that will add bluetooth to the factory stereo system. I will look further, but just a another piece that might work with our acadia.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts