GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just heard it thru a guy who heard it thru a guy :eek:
That in April there will be a Bluetooth add-on to the factory Nav.
I was going to get something, but now I'm going to wait.
Now if this thing gives me caller-id in my HUD, I'll be the happest Acadia owner in Texas :thumb:

·
Registered
381 Posts
I seem to be tauting Schosche lately but...

They have a bluetooth device that integrates with the XM tuner, similar to the IPOD Lockpick. I would bet that it does provide text on the HUD. Unfortunately, the Schosche device is not "stackable". I currently own the Schosche IPOD device (AXIPGMLAN) and querried about the bluetooth device. A Schosche rep emailed the next day (wouldn't you wish Coastal ETech could do the same?!) and told me that the two devices (bluetooth unit and AXIPGMLAN) are mutually exclusive. You can use one or the other - but not both.

That's too bad. The install, once you get the knack of the XM tuner plug, would be a cinch.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I didn't see anything on there website about what you were talking about.
I'll drop them an email.

·
Registered
381 Posts
The Schosche website has a search function. The BT unit is called "BFGM". Search on it, and you shall find...

EDIT: Oops! I might have been mistaken. It may be too new for the website. It is in their oem install brochure...
http://www.scosche.com/pdf/Scosche_2008_117_144_OEintegration.pdf

Based on the Nav picture in the brochure, what would be displayed on the HUD would be:
"INCOMING CALL"
"<caller's name>"

Text for phone # is in same location as artist display for their AXIPGMLAN device. The artist does not show up on the HUD.

·
Registered
207 Posts
That would be cool if it's priced right. I looked at the lockpic option but by the time you bought everything it was a bunch of money for very little benefit, at least for me.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts