GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We have never been able to use Mrs. Blue's phone 100% with the factory Bluetooth. It is paired and recognized with no issue. We can call out with no problem. I've searched here and read through the owner's manual and can't figure this out. Here is the problem:

When we receive calls, the caller info comes up on the DIC and the radio mutes and we hear the ring as normal. We press the phone button on the steering wheel to answer the call. The caller can hear everything we say, but we can't hear anything they say. If we open the phone, we can talk directly and the radio volume comes back.

The owner's manual talks about transferring the call from the phone to the vehicle. I tried this, and after pressing the button for 2 seconds as instructed, the voice says "transferring call", but nothing happens. If you do this and close the phone, the call is disconnected.

The owner's manual also says that you can adjust the volume of the call via the radio volume control, and this volume will be retained and will always remain at a minimal level so you can hear the phone. Tried that several times during a call and all that happened was the radio volume went up.

Seems like to me the issue is the caller's volume is too low and it should adjust.

I haven't tried pairing another phone with it but this is my next step.

Same phone works 100% with the Pioneer dash unit's Bluetooth in my Daytona, so I don't think it is the phone.

Am I missing something here or do we need to see the dreaded dealer for service?

·
Premium Member
3,212 Posts
What kind of phone does she have Blue? There have been some Bluetooth issues with the Apple iPhone.

·
Premium Member
3,374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It is a Samsung- I think a 727 or 737- it was similar to an airplane designation is how I remember it.

·
Premium Member
3,212 Posts
Well, I can't find anything, in the service database at least, about it. Other than that, I don't know.

·
Registered
30 Posts
You may have tried the following but I will throw it out just to be sure so please be patient. Have you used: http://www.gm.com/vc/bluetooth/index.jsp?brand=gmc&landing=true
as a resource to determine any problems identified with GMs testing of your phone? If not go to the site, enter your service carrier and see if they have tested the model you are using. I checked and one caution was to be sure you did not have a headset or ear piece connected while trying to use Vehicles Bluetooth. That was on ATT, so if you haven't give it a shot. There is a tremendous amount of information on the site and you may find your answer.
One closing thought, you state "If I open the phone...." Is it a Flip model? If that is true and you are paired to Bluetooth, my Flip model of MotoRAZR2V9 works fine closed and in one of the open slots on my dash. The only time I open the phone is to use its directory to dial a number for which I have not entered a Voice Tag into the Cars Bluetooth.
Sorry to ramble and good luck on solving your problem! I spend a great deal of time in my Enclave and have a significant amount of cell phone traffic so the Bluetooth feature is of great value to me. I used the website shown to find a phone that best met my needs with my carrier and am completely satisfied. Hope for the same for you!
BD

·
Premium Member
3,374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the link Big Daddy. The phone is an A437 (hey I got the 37 part almost right), and sure enough it is not on the list on the website. Time for an upgrade!

·
Premium Member
3,374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
OK, after researching what was available via the carrier, what was listed on the GM website, and shopping, we have a tentative solution- the A707 "Sync" phone for $50 used in "mint" condition. Functions/use should be fairly similar, and it uses the same chargers as the current one.

Apparently all that has to be done is to swap in the SIM card- should be a piece of cake. I'll update here if it does not work.

Thanks again for the help.

·
Premium Member
3,374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Got the 707 phone today (seems to be a lot of Boeing aircraft number transference here) and tested it. Incoming call worked fine.

Chalk up another "fix" for the forum! :thumb:

·
Registered
5 Posts
Blue_2009_SLT2 said:
We press the phone button on the steering wheel to answer the call.
Isn't that also the radio MUTE button? (I am an '08 guy, no BT...ignore my ignorance if it doesn't apply with the '09s)

·
Premium Member
3,374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The 09 has two buttons with phone icons- don't remember off the top of my head what else they do (I'm in the middle of a Challenger radiator upgrade :)), but one is for making and the other for ending calls.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Bluetooth issues '09

I am having a heck of a time getting my HTC Touch Pro (Sprint) to work well with the hands free calling in my Acadia. Outgoing calls work ok most of the time...incoming calls are a complete crapshoot. Any idea if there is a firmware update for the Acadia in the works?

·
Premium Member
14,870 Posts
Re: Bluetooth issues '09

Not sure if this would help:

Excerpt from Lucky dog:

All I'm a new member of this website and loving it.

If you have a 2008 Arcadia and also have Verizon wireless cell phone service you are able to answer your cell phone via your vehicle just like Bluetooth. It’s simple first you must add your vehicle to your Verizon calling plan (give your vehicle a phone number). Now that your vehicle has its own phone number you can:

Give out the vehicle phone number or forwarded your cell phone call to the vehicle. All call can be answered via on star buttons.
What I did was store the below number in my cell phone for quick on and off action. Below are the cods to make this happen:

*71+vehicle cell phone number (call will go to your cell phone first if no one answers cell then it will automatically switches to vehicle/Onstar)

* 72+cell phone number (will activate onstar..... All of your cell phone call will be fowarded to onstar. Just push the button to answer

* 73 Deactivate (turns off onstar function with cell phone) once you leave the vehicle or all calls will be forwarded if you dont turn off function

·
Registered
1,208 Posts

rjwerth said:
I am having a heck of a time getting my HTC Touch Pro (Sprint) to work well with the hands free calling in my Acadia. Outgoing calls work ok most of the time...incoming calls are a complete crapshoot. Any idea if there is a firmware update for the Acadia in the works?
It may be a compatibility issue with the phone, not the service.
Try pairing another phone from a friend, and see if you still have the problems.

Motorola products work flawlessly with the vehicle bluetooth! :thumb:

·
Premium Member
3,374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

Temporary bump so I can merge this with the thread where I found my answer...

EDIT

Try the link above & see if your phone is compatible... we had to switch phones.

·
Registered
3 Posts

Blue_2009_SLT2 said:
Temporary bump so I can merge this with the thread where I found my answer...

EDIT

Try the link above & see if your phone is compatible... we had to switch phones.
There is no mention of my phone, or any WM6.1 phone that I could see on the website. That rules out a whole lot of phones. I hope GM is working on some sort of update.

·
Registered
4 Posts

rjwerth said:
Very interesting. I have the AT&T version of the that phone (AT&T FUZE) and am having some slight issues myself. It mostly works fine, except that a call only stays on the car speakers for about 3 mins. before it quietly switches from the car to the phone. It can take you by surprise if noone is talking at that point. After that, the call cannot seem to be transferred back to the car (by pressing the TALK button on the steering wheel for a few seconds).
In the beginning, I used the phone's voice command features through the Acadia's Bluetooth system. It works! It may take 2 tries every now and then but it's really cool to be able to do that. When I added the "voicetag" of a contact to the Acadia's Bluetooth directory, things seemed to work a bit more smoothly, so I would suggest trying that first.
It seems that I also had to re-pair the car and phone a time or two. I mean, I pulled out the phone's battery and put it back (making sure the pairing to the car was deleted FIRST), THEN re-paired the phone with the car.
So, basically, just try entering some contacts into the car's Bluetooth directory and see if that helps first. THEN see if things get better.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts