GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
Acadia AT4 2021
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got my new AT4. I absolutely love it but having issue with Bluetooth connectivity to my new iPhone 12.

I have to pair it every time I get into the car.
of course I’m going to bring it to the place I bought it but they seem to think it’s my cell, I played music via Bluetooth and it also skipped like crazy.

pretty sure it’s the car’s Bluetooth and not my cell

just wondering if anyone else had issues like this ever.
thanks.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Nope, never had an issue with any Bluetooth in GM vehicles going back to 2008.

However, I've never had, nor will ever have, an iPhone.

·
Super Moderator
21,534 Posts
I had a problem where my phone-based music quit playing over Bluetooth the very first time I tried using the NAV system. Couldn't get an index of tunes or anything. Found out the app on the phone - Google Play Music - had quit working and was no longer supported by Google. Make sure the music app on your phone is up-to-date and setup properly. Or, use one of the alternate sources for your music. I transferred my all my albums to a USB memory stick and use it instead.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Just got my new AT4. I absolutely love it but having issue with Bluetooth connectivity to my new iPhone 12.

I have to pair it every time I get into the car.
of course I’m going to bring it to the place I bought it but they seem to think it’s my cell, I played music via Bluetooth and it also skipped like crazy.

pretty sure it’s the car’s Bluetooth and not my cell

just wondering if anyone else had issues like this ever.
thanks.
There have been widespread reports of skipping and call quality issues on the new wireless android auto\apple car play platforms. I have an android phone and have issues with calls and audio skipping or breaking up. Hopefully we get a software update soon.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Also the new wireless systems are not connecting directly with bluetooth anymore as it was too slow of a connection. They connect via the wifi network on the vehicle. I was able to disable the wireless portion on android auto and just use a cable like before. It did help but certainly not completely resolved.

·
Registered
1,992 Posts
I notice that the Bluetooth occasionally "forgets" our cell phone connection and needs to be established over again and paired. . . . even though it shows it on the screen and being there.
This happens on all 3 of our GM vehicles form 2017 to 2019.
Perhaps a phone issue. . unsure. Pairing it again is no big deal.

·
Super Moderator
21,534 Posts
... I've never had, nor will ever have, an iPhone.
I never bit the rotten Apple, either. LOL I do know a lot of iPhone users who are unaware of how to set up their phone properly to do many things. They all think Apple does it automatically for them. That's simply not true!

Reactions: SpartyOn

·
Registered
Acadia AT4 2021
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I know how to set it up

but it’s a Bluetooth issue. Cell phones should remember the car when you get in the car. I’m having to pair it each time I get into the car. I think software update will fix issue

·
Registered
1,992 Posts
Software update is probably the issue! Ty
Agree. . . . and it should remember. But every time would be a nuisance . Ours only seems to forget every now and then. No rhyme or reason and is Android.

·
Registered
152 Posts
I know how to set it up

but it’s a Bluetooth issue. Cell phones should remember the car when you get in the car. I’m having to pair it each time I get into the car. I think software update will fix issue
Remember it is not really using the BT. It actually disconnects it on my phone right after it makes connection with the wifi network on the vehicle. Maybe check to see if the MyGMC wifi connection is set to automatically reconnect.

·
Registered
1,992 Posts
Good to know! Dealer prep issue then.

·
Super Moderator
21,534 Posts
Or customer orientation by the salesperson.

·
Registered
152 Posts
That is kind of funny. Please let us know if any audio issues persist.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts