GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone successfully used a lockpick or other device to unlock the existing onstar interface via bluetooth? I've scoured the threads on lockpick installations that folks have done and still don't think I've seen anyone that has unlocked the Onstar mic and speaker interface to the radio...

Any luck anyone?

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hmmmm......I wasn't referring to a stand alone aftermarket unit per say, but a device that instead would integrate with the existing OEM speaker and mic from the Acadia's onstar system...... thanks anyway though.

Anybody else? Does anyone else wish the Acadia had an integrated bluetooth system like other new vehicles? I can't be the only one here that likes to talk on the phone while in the car (safely)....

·
Premium Member
894 Posts
JonTon said:
Hmmmm......I wasn't referring to a stand alone aftermarket unit per say, but a device that instead would integrate with the existing OEM speaker and mic from the Acadia's onstar system...... thanks anyway though.

Anybody else? Does anyone else wish the Acadia had an integrated bluetooth system like other new vehicles? I can't be the only one here that likes to talk on the phone while in the car (safely)....
Not really, ihave Verizon so its fine for me. >:D

Serious though,why not invest in a headset.

·
Registered
7 Posts
GM needs to pull their heads out on this one...they really need to be putting the bluetooth in these vehicles. Stop trying to push the onstar onto the public.

·
Registered
4 Posts
No kidding... what does GM expect everyone to maintain two mobile phone numbers. Onstar is fine for emergencies but not for regular use. :sosad: We almost chose the MDX over the Acadia just because of the bluetooth... almost.

·
Registered
339 Posts
I'll preface this comment by the fact that I've never had bluetooth in a vehicle, so maybe i just don't know what I'm missing out on...

However, wouldn't a simple bluetooth earpiece be just as effective? I quite frequently get business calls while I'm in the car with my family. I couldn't imagine boring them with the details of both sides of the conversation as well as expect my 3 year old to not say something while on the phone.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Bluetooth earpieces are a PITA.

I'm new here so please excuse if out of turn.

Picked up my 2K7 SLT2 Loaded this past week. Very happy with it. One of my conditions with the dealer was that I needed bluetooth in the vehicle, integrated (or as much as could be). They wanted to move this truck so they threw in this device, installed at the dealership.
http://www.parrot.com/guide_chm/3200LS/index.html
It sits installed on the dash beside the audio/nav. My phone automatically hooks up to it when I get in the vehicle. Upon an ingoing/outgoing call the audio on the factory system is muted and this unit takes over the front speakers. They did have to mount a small microphone but this is a pretty good solution until GM gets their collective heads screwed on a little tighter. When the call ends, the audio or navigation turns right back on. pretty slick. See attached.

You can see the unit on my dash in the attached picture.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
I wanted bluetooth before I got Onstar. I have a Verizon number for the Acadia and am very pleased with it. For ten bucks, I think it is worth it. I get great reception and barely any dropped calls. Onstar is what I feel is the best "goodie" in this car.

·
Registered
1 Posts
DockMan - can you post a more close-up pic of this unit? The mute function sounds convenient. How does the unit operate - i.e. - from the pic, looks like there is a green send, red end and round buttons. What does the round button do? Does the unit sync up with phone numbers stored in your phone (maybe use the knob to scroll and select?) Does it work with voice dialing on the phone?

·
Registered
11 Posts
40boy said:
DockMan - can you post a more close-up pic of this unit? The mute function sounds convenient. How does the unit operate - i.e. - from the pic, looks like there is a green send, red end and round buttons. What does the round button do? Does the unit sync up with phone numbers stored in your phone (maybe use the knob to scroll and select?) Does it work with voice dialing on the phone?
Check out this page....lots of info.

http://www.parrot.com/uk/products/3200ls-color

·
Registered
11 Posts
utahfuntimes said:
It just looks to "tacked on."
It does, but it is fairly small and unobtrusive. It offers me the functionality that I need in the smallest format possible. I think everyone here just wishes GM would get with the flippin' program and offer bluetooth like everyone else on the planet.

·
Registered
71 Posts
JonTon said:
Has anyone successfully used a lockpick or other device to unlock the existing onstar interface via bluetooth? I've scoured the threads on lockpick installations that folks have done and still don't think I've seen anyone that has unlocked the Onstar mic and speaker interface to the radio...

Any luck anyone?
Did you ever find anything out about the lockpick?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts