GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I have a 09 Acadia about 2 weeks old and my bluetooth is driving me crazy. It works great for outgoing calls but once I rcecieve an incoming call the sytem boots me off the speakers and back to my Motorola phone and does not do anymore calls through the speaker system. I delete and start over and the pattern keeps repeating. I am missing someting? The key culprit seems to be pressing the talk button when receiving a call. Please let me know. Thanks, Tim

·
Registered
487 Posts
Have you tried it with a different phone to rule out that as a problem. I know some phones don't play well with some bluetooth devices.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi all,

Thanks for info and advice. I will try my wifes phone but it is the same as mine a Motorola Q with service from US Cellular. I am taking it to the dealer tomorrow. I really want the bluetooth to work. Thanks, Tim

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi,

I did try my wifes Motorola Q and it worked fine. Does this tell me that my phone is the problem or bluetooth in Acadia has a defect? I am taking it to my dealer this morning and let them mess with it. For 40 grand this should work.
I will report what the dealer tells me. Thanks, Tim

·
Registered
635 Posts
If it worked with your wifes phone and not yours then it is your phone. You might also try Motorolas site and see if there is a software up grade or a diagnostice program to see if your phone has been corrupted. I would not even bother taking it into the dealer as it is not the Acadia that has the problem.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hi khansen30,

I understand what you are saying but I am not convinced that phone is 100% at fault (yet). Another poster had an identical problem with another phone type. When I was at my delaer last week for a different electrical issue they showed me a memo about certain portable devices that were causing problems such as Iphones. I have a Moto Q (which is crappy by the way). I think there are a few issues going on here with these systems. I will look into my phone as well. I will give an update after my visit. I live in a small Wisconsin town and its easy to talk with the service staff here. Thanks, Tim

·
Registered
10 Posts
It doesn't really help your situation any, but I can say I have used the motorola VE20, the rant, and the HTC Touch Pro (sprint devices) with success in my acadia. Just putting another $0.02 in there.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hi all,

Here is an update. The darn thing worked perfectly while I was at the dealer. Arghh. I suspect it will not keep this up but I hope so. My next call is the techno guy where I bought the phone. So far so good today with the bluetooth. Thanks, Tim

·
Premium Member
3,374 Posts
I looked at the GM Bluetooth site & while there is no US Cellular listing, I did see the Moto Q listed under Verizon. One of the footnotes said if it was not paired properly, it would still show up but not function correctly. One other thing to try would be to delete it and re-pair it to see if this helps.

Seems really odd one would work 100% and the other intermittently.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I have a Blackberry and it works just fine without any problems. I've also paired my wife's Sony Ericsson and it works fine too.

I hope you'll get this fixed soon. I rented Will Smith's 7 Pounds movie DVD last weekend. I'm not touching the phone while driving any more.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Hi all,

Another twist. I did change batteries this morning before I went to the dealer and it worked fine. I called the tech guy at the phone stores and one of the first things to try was change out the battery as that is a hard reset to the phones computer. Well so far so good. I noticed the GM web-ste only lists the big boy carriers for phones. I hope that isnt a problem as there are still many regional/local carriers in the USA yet. Thanks, Tim

·
Registered
635 Posts
Shouldn't be as it is the phone and not the service that is connecting the bluetooth. It sounds like the hard reset was the way to go, so far. Like eelfliw I too have a blackberry and have no problems. My wifes Iphone like wise has not had any problems on the few times we have paired it. How old is your phone? As technology has changed and updated the phone itself might have an older bluetooth program in it.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Hi khansen30,

My phone is about 1.5 years old and dont like it much. Probably will get a new one in November (when contract is up). I just want a basic phone that I can get my work e-mail on. Any suggestions?

The hard reset was just dumb luck on my part. I thought it was a good sign that the phone tech suggested the battery thing almost first on his list. So far so good.

Thanks, Tim

·
Registered
154 Posts
timmy3 said:
I did try my wifes Motorola Q and it worked fine. Does this tell me that my phone is the problem or bluetooth in Acadia has a defect?
*228 on a Verizon Wireless phone updates the phone's software. I would think USCC would have something similar. You might check to see if your wife's phone and yours has the same software version.

·
Registered
635 Posts
timmy3 said:
Hi khansen30,

My phone is about 1.5 years old and dont like it much. Probably will get a new one in November (when contract is up). I just want a basic phone that I can get my work e-mail on. Any suggestions?

The hard reset was just dumb luck on my part. I thought it was a good sign that the phone tech suggested the battery thing almost first on his list. So far so good.

Thanks, Tim
I like the blackberry curve. You have to pay 30.00 a month for internet service, at least that is what it is with att. When I had a Moto razor I could do email but it was a pain to read. I think I paid 10.00 a month for limited access for emails and it was a hassle. I get 3 different email accounts on my bb and it keeps them all seperate. For me it was worth the extra expense.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
still having bluetooth issues

Hi all,

I posted a few weeks ago about my bluetooth not working right. After a week of experimenting with other phones there is still an issue. What happens is the phones connect and set up with no problem. Then they work for a little while usually no more than a day. What seems to trigger issues is an incoming call and the bluetooth kicks everything back to the phone and you cant use the car speaker system for the phone anymore. We have tried 3 Motorola phones and all with the same results. I called my dealer and they are going to "research" it. I live in a small town and the guys are very attentive but clearly didnt have a ready answer. Any other insights? Thanks, Tim

·
Premium Member
3,374 Posts
Motorola has a software update website for the Moto Q. I input as much data as I knew (carrier & only Moto was a Q9c) and got this link. If it doesn't work, the support page is here.

As khansen suggested, I'd make sure the phone's software is up to date as a way of dotting the "i" and crossing the "t" since this would eliminate an avenue of concern the dealer could use (not that they would, but it is better to be prepared by doing all you can on your end).

I also looked at the US Cellular website & see the "Q" is no longer offered. Worst case, when your plan expires, an upgraded phone may solve the problem. If you complain, perhaps they can give/sell you at a reduced price a different phone before then. Wouldn't hurt to ask. We've had three different brand phones paired at different points on our Bluetooth and only one had the problem listed above in the thread I linked.

·
Registered
533 Posts
I've had this problem as well. I'll be connected via B/T using my Verizon phone. I'll be driving for a while making occasional calls. I don't recall that I received a particular incoming call, but when attempting to make a new call via B/T, my phone's B/T is set to "on", yet the Acadia B/T doesn't see it. Last week I was driving during a week of vacation when this happened & the phone would not reconnect w/ my Acadia's B/T. I tried calling OnStar to talk to a tech person to see if they'd had other calls.

The tech person offered to help me pair the phone, and asked some other completely frustrating questions. He just completely wasn't getting the point. I got so p/o's at the guy that I said goodbye & hung up! I pulled off the road, turned the car off, re-started & reconnected right away. Haven't had the problem since. That was the quickest way for me to just "get on with it".

Smooth[/color] <><

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
hi all,

Thanks for the replies. I will check out the phones thouroughly with the US Cellular tekkie next Monday. I do have my dealer working on it as well. I just find it odd that 3 seperate (2 same type, one completely different) Motorola phones have the same issue with the Acadia bluetooth. I will update once I get it resolved.

Thanks, Tim

1 - 20 of 22 Posts