GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone out there installed an aftermarket bluetooth kit? Where'd you get it? Was installation very involved? I've been looking at several of the parrot kits which seems pretty nice. Any info from those of you that have installed and/or use these kits would be appreciated.

I saw the thread on here about a kit for the cigarette lighter but I am looking for something more hard wired.

·
Registered
185 Posts
From this thread some talk about bluetooth add-on...

http://www.acadiaforum.net/forum/index.php?topic=899.0

berzins-

I am installing the Parrot 3200 LS Color with a wiring harness for the Acadia. I got everything through Howard at parrotkits.com. Absolutely great service and support. I have been waiting for a mounting bracket to arrive to finish the install.

Dave...

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So you need a special wire harness to make it work with the Acadia? Where are you installing the display? Is taking the radio out to get at the wires very difficult?

·
Registered
71 Posts
pete7919 said:
From this thread some talk about bluetooth add-on...

http://www.acadiaforum.net/forum/index.php?topic=899.0

berzins-

I am installing the Parrot 3200 LS Color with a wiring harness for the Acadia. I got everything through Howard at parrotkits.com. Absolutely great service and support. I have been waiting for a mounting bracket to arrive to finish the install.

Dave...
Did you find a vehicle specific mount or a universal one?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Motorola DC800 Bluetooth Gateway:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B000H5F7V0?ie=UTF8&condition=new&tag=dealtime-wireless-mp00-20&creative=380345&creativeASIN=B000H5F7V0&linkCode=asm

I am responding to your question about Bluetooth in an Acadia (assuming you have Rear Entertainment system):

I am not sure if the Motorola DC800 Gateway will fit your requirements, but using this adapter, the A/C outlet and the rear aux input, I can play music via bluetooth & the Acadia's Bose system from my Samsung Sync phone. No permanant installation required - do it yourself. And it is cheap.

I spent hours trying to find a DC-powered alternative, but this was in August 2007 when I did the research, there might be something better out there today, at least I know this works. I use it almost daily except on very short trips when I don't feel taking the 20 seconds or so it takes to get the Music Player on the phone running.

You might look at this product and think that looks like it is for a home stereo only, but by using the A/C outlet included with the Acadia's rear entertainment system, it works fine. The DC800 only runs on AC power.

For me it was the coolest addition I could have made to the Acadia. I plugged in the unit and threw it in the console running the wires between the console and the driver's seat, the wires are barely visible (much cleaner than having a cable dangling from the dashboard input). Next, I paired my phone with the DC800 this was a little tricky because you have to tell your bluetooth player to start playing music via bluetooth before it will look for bluetooth headsets. It found the DC800 (I think you also have to push the button on the front of the DC800 to make it visible).

Anyway since the first pairing, my phone finds it automatically and plays the music no problem. I have combined this setup with the Rhapsody to Go music service. Since the Samsung Sync phone is compatible with the "Plays for Sure" subscription music standard, I can pick and choose from over 4,000,000 songs to transfer to and play from my phone for $14.99/month. None of that $.99/song BS.

If your an IPOD user, you might need something like this.

IPOD Bluetooth adapter:

http://www.mobilecityonline.com/wireless/store/productdetail.asp?productid=21457&refid=froogle&utm_source=froogle&utm_medium=organic&utm_term=A125S&utm_campaign=froogle

I love to demonstrate it, standing at the rear of the Acadia, I use the rear audio controls to switch to the Rear Aux Input source, set my phone to play through the Bluetooth and crank up the volume. Most people just scratch their heads and say: "I've never seen anything like that before, but it sure does sound good".

You should know that this solution does not provide any Bluetooth telephone capability, it only acts as a Bluetooth headset (for playing music through the Acadia's stereo). When I get a call, I still have to answer and talk through the phone. But you do hear the phone ring through the Acadia's stereo.

Others should note that this solution requires that you purchased the DVD rear entertainment system with your Acadia.

Hope this helps & Good Luck

1 - 5 of 5 Posts