GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Am i missing something or is there no display to let you know if your phone is connected to the car? or the single strength?

·
Registered
540 Posts
gellie said:
Am i missing something or is there no display to let you know if your phone is connected to the car? or the single strength?
When you press the phone button on the steering wheel say "Bluetooth" .The system will say you are connected to whatever name you gave you phone. You can also check your phone and the Bluetooth logo should be on. No signal strength meter that I know about. This is just like a bluetooth headset but it cuts out the blowers and uses the radio speakers. It may be different with vehicle with a NAV unit.

Bobby

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thx, I do have the nav,but it works as you said. A little disapointed no display on single strenght.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I don't know about you guys, but my wife and I have both our phones linked to the Acadia. There has been a few occasions when my wife drives in the drive way and the Acadia connects to my phone and I'm inside the house, which is probably a good 30 yard distance. After she parks in the garage and shuts the Acadia off, the phone disconnects. When she comes into the house, I always tell her, " So let me guess, you left your phone at home or you phone battery is dead." She alway's wonders how I know! I wouldn't think that signal strength would be an issue if you are inside the Acadia.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm talking about phone carrier single strength . On my sienna it showed that you were connected via bluethooth and your antenna strength of your carrier.

·
Registered
9 Posts
When a phone that has been previously linked to a specific Acadia gets physiclly close (it doesn't have to be inside the car), a message appears in the DIC indicating this.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
mule22 said:
When a phone that has been previously linked to a specific Acadia gets physiclly close (it doesn't have to be inside the car), a message appears in the DIC indicating this.
Thanks i noticed that dislpay, but only for a brief moment. I'd like to be able to see the "bluethooth" message throughout the ride. When i go through the DIC i can not get the message a second time.

·
Premium Member
14,870 Posts
gellie said:
mule22 said:
Thanks i noticed that dislpay, but only for a brief moment. I'd like to be able to see the "bluethooth" (sp) message throughout the ride. When i go through the DIC i can not get the message a second time.
I don't think the point of the message is to stay on the DIC the entire time; I don't need to know my Bluetooth is connected constantly

·
Registered
66 Posts
This is slightly off the topic but still about bluetooth so I hope it is okay. I am unsure of how to use the bluetooth in my car and the manual isn't clear. How do I make my car dial using my cellphone instead of dialing using the car phone? Incoming calls are no problem but when I want to dial out using bluetooth, it uses my car phone unless I physically dial on my cell, then it will switch to my car speakers. I had a Jeep with bluetooth and it was no problem but it didn't have the car phone to interfere.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts