GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We ordered our blue gold on 1/23. We are still waiting, the seemingly standard amount of waiting time! However, the last communication I had with my dealer, was that the blue-gold had a constraint on it. You should also know that my order is going through as part of a fleet order. The constraint should be fairly temporary before they start producing them again...however, when I called him for an update Thursday, he said GM isn't giving him any new information. Can't get a build date either. He is working through another dealer on this as well. It seems that most of you have had excellent communication with your dealers and some of you even have those status codes. Will my dealer provide me with one, once we have a "build date"?? If not, can I get one through GM? I just feel at a loss here, with no answers and gave a $1000 deposit! I feel I am entitled to bug him a little right?? Thanks.

·
Registered
310 Posts
I would ask if you can be put in touch directly with his person who is in charge of the ordering. I was dealing directly with the sales manager, and appreciate he does not need to be in the middle between his order person and me. I even told him "I don't want to bug you but..." and he cut me off and said it was no trouble and not to feel that way. This is a sales manager that had to see me five times for four test drives and about 4-5 hours total before we placed the order. I paid no deposit.... so I would say you have at least $1000 of bugging that you have paid for.

Mine was ordered 2/5 (I filled out the web form with the dealer on sat 2/3), and our build date was supposed to be yesterday.... so mine could be getting finished right now!!! (we ordered the standard blue-- not your fancy blue-gold)

·
Premium Member
822 Posts
I read on the SaturnFans forum that GM has an indefinite restraint on blue-gold (and a couple of other colors). That forum is down right now for maintenance, so I can't provide a direct link to the thread, but the forum is here: http://www.saturnfans.com/forums/.

Kelly

·
Premium Member
822 Posts
I found the thread. It was on GM Inside News: http://www.gminsidenews.com/forums/showthread.php?t=45038&highlight=acadia. The poster said on February 28 that the following colors are still restricted: (98U) White Diamond Tri-Coat paint, (78U) Blue-Gold Crystal paint, and (51U) Goldmist paint. He said doesn't know when they'll be available.

DISCLAIMER: I don't know the poster, have no personal knowledge about this, and can't verify the accuracy of this information. :p END DISCLAIMER

Kelly

·
Registered
83 Posts
My Blue-Gold was built 2/7 and I got it 2/15. There was a delay with the Blue-Gold (we actually ordered 9/29/06) but obviously it has been resolved. (Unless there is a new delay I am not aware of).

·
Registered
194 Posts
The gold mist must be out, because i should be recieving mine on monday/tuesday. we'll see!

·
Registered
619 Posts
Doglover,
Interesting that our 2 finalists for a new vehicle were the Acadia and CX-9, and you've bought both. Will be a non-stop comparison test once you get both.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks everyone. The SAturn Fans forum about the constraint on blue-gold, is consistant with what my dealer told me. What he didn't tell me, was that it is "indefinite" at this point. Maybe he just doesn't want to tell me at this point. Man, if this constraint will be a while, at least tell me so I can order another color!!!!!!!!!!

Unfortunately, my dealer is the owner and he does the ordering, so there is no one else I can talk to.

elgmom, yes, this is a new constraint, that came up after yours was built.

·
Registered
194 Posts
readyforacadia said:
Doglover,
Interesting that our 2 finalists for a new vehicle were the Acadia and CX-9, and you've bought both. Will be a non-stop comparison test once you get both.
I will for sure give a non-stop comparison when i get both....I really can't wait!

·
Registered
7 Posts
LDT (Lansing Delta Township assembly) has been painting a lot blue-gold,gold and white diamond for the past two weeks. Probably to make up for the time those colors were being held because of paint matching issues. Actually on friday white diamond was put back on hold because the fascia's color was not matching the body color. That color will be put on indefinite hold until the vendor sorts out its paint issue. However blue-gold and gold are not effected. So I guess what I am trying to say is hold on your color is coming.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Best news I've heard lately. Hopefully this is reliable source info!

·
Registered
97 Posts
All blue-golds that are produced have been sold, a dealer can not order it to just sit on the lot. It can be ordered if it's a "show car" (That being one that sits in the show room untill the model year runs out then can be sold) or a customer order. Thats what I've been told, and this is from reliable source.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Great news SAturn Jack. I learn more from you all, than I do from my dealer!!! My husband keeps telling me to "relax, hang in there"! But these hold-ups on the paint are driving me nuts! But sounds like we're all getting closer!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts