GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 20 of 105 Posts

·
Premium Member
14,870 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Following the lead of a distinguished Acadia founder/member; GeoHawk; here is the Blue/Gold club exclusive to 07 and 08 owners. We may not have the greatest numbers, but we are elite ;D

EDIT: maybe these threads could be stickied?

Attachments

·
Registered
427 Posts
Dennis Murphy, Reporting for Duty!

.... on a funny note ....

My wife pulled into work today, and one of the folks there said "oh, that's YOUR Acadia!!" She's been looking to replace her Jimmy, and the Acadia is her current favorite ... so she asked my wife about the color - she said "I want THAT color! I love it!!"

Unfortunately, my wife had to break the news to her about its discontinuation ... maybe we should try to sell it to her above sticker price - make a few bucks in this bad economy! :)

·
Registered
370 Posts
Irish as well, front and center! LOL

The days are getting longer and the sun shining more often around here. Truly bringing out the best in this color. Can't wait until it's warm enough to crack open the sunroof and soak it all in. :sunny:

·
Premium Member
14,870 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
dmurphy said:
Dennis Murphy, Reporting for Duty!

.... on a funny note ....

My wife pulled into work today, and one of the folks there said "oh, that's YOUR Acadia!!" She's been looking to replace her Jimmy, and the Acadia is her current favorite ... so she asked my wife about the color - she said "I want THAT color! I love it!!"

Unfortunately, my wife had to break the news to her about its discontinuation ... maybe we should try to sell it to her above sticker price - make a few bucks in this bad economy! :)
Irish said:
Irish as well, front and center! LOL

The days are getting longer and the sun shining more often around here. Truly bringing out the best in this color. Can't wait until it's warm enough to crack open the sunroof and soak it all in. :sunny:
Thanks for joining :clap2:

·
Registered
370 Posts
I know there are more blue-golds out there! Join the group and represent. :thumb:

·
Premium Member
14,870 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
dfrank and Irish-how about some pics

·
Registered
370 Posts
I've tried to post pics in the past and don't know what I'm doing wrong.

·
Premium Member
14,870 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
You have to resize then you should be able to post them

·
Registered
683 Posts
jsimms said:
Irish: I use http://www.shrinkpictures.com very successfully. Super easy to use and perfect results. Just use the browse button to find the picture on your computer, then choose 600 or 760 pixels. You can leave the color option alone, and then choose "best" quality. Click "Resize" and in a short minute the web browser will refresh to a new page and there is your picture. Simply right-click and save the picture as a new file on your computer. Then when you go to post here, choose that file which should now be much smaller and not exceed the maximum file size allowed by this site. :cheers:

·
Registered
370 Posts
I'm not sure if this will work, here goes.

Attachments

·
Registered
370 Posts
imgntht said:
jsimms said:
Irish: I use http://www.shrinkpictures.com very successfully. Super easy to use and perfect results. Just use the browse button to find the picture on your computer, then choose 600 or 760 pixels. You can leave the color option alone, and then choose "best" quality. Click "Resize" and in a short minute the web browser will refresh to a new page and there is your picture. Simply right-click and save the picture as a new file on your computer. Then when you go to post here, choose that file which should now be much smaller and not exceed the maximum file size allowed by this site. :cheers:
Cool, it worked! That was super simple! Thanks! :cheers:

·
Premium Member
2,577 Posts
You took a picture of your Acadia in a McDonald's drive-thru? ;D ;D ;D

·
Registered
370 Posts
Web Raven said:
You took a picture of your Acadia in a McDonald's drive-thru? ;D ;D ;D
LOL - I was waiting for someone to catch that! It's the only picture I have at the moment (with no people in it). We were on a road trip, first time in the snow...stopped for breakfast and to use the R/R...took a quick pic before hoping back in. ;D

·
Registered
533 Posts
Irish,

Nice looking Acadia. And the quality of the picture is good. What did you do.. go thru the drive-thru, exit your car (in line) and go stand in the snow and take the picture?

I'll bet you had a nice time driving it - they're so nice (warm inside, nice handling), etc.

Smooth[/color] <><

·
Registered
427 Posts
Irish said:
imgntht said:
jsimms said:
Cool, it worked! That was super simple! Thanks! :cheers:
Good deal! Saves me from having to take a picture of mine, because, well, it looks _just_ like that ;)

(seriously - I need to get outside with the camera ... want to get the 'ol girl washed first. Too much road salt and such still!)

·
Premium Member
14,870 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Irish said:
Nice picture; thanks for posting :thumb:

·
Registered
370 Posts
Smooth said:
Irish,

Nice looking Acadia. And the quality of the picture is good. What did you do.. go thru the drive-thru, exit your car (in line) and go stand in the snow and take the picture?

I'll bet you had a nice time driving it - they're so nice (warm inside, nice handling), etc.

Smooth[/color] <><
It was a tiny town on HWY 58 heading from Portland to Vegas. We were the only ones in line. I was inside using the rr while my husband & son were in the drive-thru for some breakfast. Always keep a camera in the purse and since it was our first big road trip thought I would document it. So snapped a quick pic where he pulled away to wait for me.

What I didn't realize (thank you mapquest) is that my little "time saving" route actually took us over a major pass in several feet of snow/blizzard conditions. The Acadia performed OUTSTANDING. I admit, we got over confident after that. When back on the flat sheet of ice/snow and hundreds of miles into the trip we threw caution to the wind and did 60 passing folks w/ chains going 30. The Acadia's handling didn't flinch at the challenge. Yes, very nice & toasty too.

Now that I've got the pic thing down... a pic of the drive.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
14,870 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Nice weather to put the AWD through it's paces; and a great looking color ;D

·
Premium Member
14,870 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Irish said:
I think you're the first to photograph their Acadia at a drive thru-innovative :D

·
Registered
1,716 Posts
1 - 20 of 105 Posts