GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, the local Car Toys just got this in stock.
I've been waiting for this for sometime. Has anyone put it in yet??
It looks and sounds like the best BT HF setup yet, even better then whats in the 2009.
I guess I'll be the first one to get it.
BTW, $451 installed.
http://www.scosche.com/bluefusion

·
Registered
381 Posts
This was mentioned back in February, but probably deserves a bump here.

http://www.acadiaforum.net/forum/index.php?topic=3297.msg41543#msg41543

I didn't like the fact that the BFGM was incompatible with their IPOD device (AXIPGMLAN). They both integrate the same way (via XM connection). Too bad they can't be installed in serial. Between the two, I prefer my IPOD over BT. The BFGM does handle music, but I'm not a fan of BT music...yet.

If you paid more the $50 for install, you got robbed. It's pretty much plug and play. I would be interested to know how well the BT reception is. I'm not sure if it was designed to handle a rear install location. Most XM receivers are up under the dash.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I spoke with the Scosche guys yesterday, and the BF does just plug into the XM port which is located behind the Glove Box. Then a Mic needs to be run as well. That's it from what they said. $451 is what Car Toys wants it installed, about $100 for installation. A little steep, but not too bad I guess. I say the whole thing should be under $300, almost $500 for BT is a bit much. I'm still thinking about it right now.

·
Registered
381 Posts
Are you sure Scosche was talking about an Acadia? Most XM receivers are located behind the glove box. Not so with the Acadia (llamda line).

The port you seem to be referring to in wrt XM receiver. It's not behind the glovebox.

I had forgotten about the mic. I be the as delivered mic cable isn't long enough. Typically, this type of BT would be designed with the unit based from the dash. You have to run the mic from the back to the front on the Acadia. Not that splicing the mike cable would be all that difficult, but I would expect it to be necessary.

I bet your installer didn't figure the Acadia design (aka XM receiver location) into his installation fee. He'll probably charge extra for it. It will require more time than a typical glovebox install.

Reception probably will not be a problem -but the scenario is analogous to sitting in the third row with your phone in most cars- will the BT know the phone is there?

I have Garmin GPS w/BT in my Expedition. I had it set up for my old phone. I would have problems with it when my wife would follow me in the Expedition while I was driving the other car. If she tried calling me, the Garmin would pick up my phone - while the phone and I were in the lead vehicle! She was calling to have a convesation with herself!! So, I would be surprised if the BFGM was not capable of detecting a phone three rows up - but they may have intentionally limited the range.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Car Toys here in the Dallas area has the BF in stock, got a quote of $405 plus tax. Said it was going to be a easy install, less than 1 hour.
Gona have it done this week, will review it after that.

·
Registered
1 Posts
www.safewireless.com

PLEASE SCROLL DOWN TO SEE THE APPLICATION GUIDE

THE INSTALLATION IS VERY EASY,

The Blue Fusion (XM) module will take literally under 5 minutes to install in most cars and trucks, after the Blue Fusion is connected, it's now time for the microphone placement, it is always advised to have the microphone positioned near the rear view mirror, clipped on the edge of the headliner, (NO GLUE) instead of the driver or passenger side windshield pillar, a very common place the microphone is mis-positioned by installers.

The reasons to NOT install the microphone on the pillar is as follows:

1. The use of the visor will block or hit the microphone.
2. Opening the drivers and passenger windows will create wind noise.
3. While entering or exiting the vehicle, sometimes people will grab the driver or passenger side pillar.
4. If your passenger(s) are part of the hands free call, it will not be as clear for the listener as the microphone would only be near your voice.
5. Many newer cars and trucks have an airbag on the pillars, you do not want any object obstructing these air bags.

Includes:
1. Just arrived and includes the XM Satellite harness. (BFGMLANXMB)
2. FREE microphone windscreen cover-

Harness-
Blue Fusion Interface Cable for 2007 and Newer GM Vehicles with LAN System, used when installing a Scosche BFGM. This harness can only be used with part number BFGM. This harness must always be used when installing part number BFGM.

HD Microphone Windscreen Cover-
Nothing degrades mobile sound quality more effectively than wind. We are now offering the perfect solution to wind noise: the (HD) High Definition microphone windscreen cover for your Blue Fusion hands-free microphone.
......................................................................................
Product Description
WORKS WITH NAVIGATION AND NON-NAVIGATION EQUIPPED VEHICLES. Information will be displayed on the Navigation unit or your radio.

Blue Fusion is designed to interface Bluetooth hands free and streaming audio (A2DP) to a consumer's factory radio. Seamlessly integrating into the factory stereo, Scosche's Blue Fusion offers advances capabilities. Using Scosche's Blue Fusion, consumers can see the caller ID displayed on a factory screen and will be able to use the easy "answer" and "end call" buttons located on the steering wheel controls or assigned buttons at a factory radio. Whether listening to a CD or just tuned into a radio station, Scosche's smart interface will switch itself to the correct source to view the caller ID. The interface menu offers users to check missed calls, dialed calls, and with select phones have full access to the phone book.

Users can listen to phone conversation through the vehicle's own stereo and speakers with crystal clear sound. Scosche's built-in DSP chip ensures no back ground noise or echoes are heard during a conversation.

Additional Blue Fusion features include:

• Caller ID on Headunit Display
• BlueTooth 2.0+EDR
• Hands-Free, A2DP
• DSP Echo & Noise Cancellation
• Phone Book Sync if phone has capability
• Phone Directory Scroll Look-up
• Audio Signal Plays thru OEM Audio System
• Audio Interrupt/Source Redirect
• Volume Up/Down - Cellphone and Streaming Audio
• Adjustable Cellphone Ringer Volume
• Phone Answer/Hang up
• Track Forward/Back
• Play/Pause
• Mute Microphone
• Hands-free Microphone
APPLICATION GUIDE

NOTES: • ALL VEHICLES MUST BE EQUIPPED WITH A SATELLITE READY RADIO.
The BFGM Scosche Blue Fusion module is available now from , www.safewireless.com your Authorized Scosche BLUE FUSION Dealer
The Toyota, Scion, Honda and Lexus Blue Fusion modules will not be available until December-January 09.

All of our prices include the XM satellite harness adapter AND a FREE HD Microphone Windscreen Cover.

BUICK
ENCLAVE 2008 BFGM

GMC
ACADIA 2007-08 BFGM

SATURN
OUTLOOK 2007-08 BFGM

Scosche's Blue Fusion is VERY EASILY installed with the included XM plug-and-play harness, most dealers will sell this harness separately, we include it with the BLUE FUSION.
Simply route the microphone where desired and use Scosche's installation instructions to connect the interface. Connect an iPod or MP3 player to Scosche BlueLife transmitter and users can stream audio directly to a factory radio connected to Blue Fusion.

EDIT
Non-Lambda applications removed for clarity.[/color]

·
Premium Member
3,374 Posts
HDBluetooth,
Welcome to the forum and thanks for the information. Please be aware that commercial posts are not permitted here except for supporting vendors. If this is not the case and you are a customer making a referral, please continue to post and enjoy the forum.

It is preferable to post your location in your profile and your Acadia vehicle information in your signature. There is a link called Blues Clues in my signature that explains how to do so.

Thanks.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Blue_2009_SLT,

How does this post differ from the many post I have seen from XexonDepot regarding lighting? Just curious and not trying to stir the pot. Looked like most of the post was informational based for installation, etc.

Turfster26

·
Premium Member
3,374 Posts
No problem, communication is essential to avoid misunderstandings & hurt feelings. The big difference is that XexonDepot is a supporting vendor and pays fees to offset the expense of operating the website.

Per the linked user agreement:
Spam, flooding, advertisements, chain letters, pyramid schemes, and solicitations are also forbidden on this forum.

It is not fair to supporting vendors if we allow other businesses to advertise w/o paying the same fees.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Ok, I just had the BF istalled at Car Toys for $404 out the door.
I think that's an "ok" price.

Here is a short, just drove home with it review.
BTW, I have a 2008 Acadia and a iPhone 3G.

The BF paired quickly with my iphone using the std code 0000.
I had the installer put the Mic just aft of the light/sunroof/garage door controls right in the middle incase the passenger wanted to speak as well.
The install took alittle more than a hour and a half, and it seems like it was a very clean install.

Ok, when the XM is on and a call comes in if your on full Nav screen the XM Tab, which would say what station your on changes to incoming call. If you had the Nav screen in split mode or full then you can also see this info. Also if the incoming call is in your phone book, such as "home", then it displays "home" as I listed it above. But here is the best part. All of this info also displays in the HUD!!! Which I was hoping for. Also the BF has its own ring when the call comes in as it mutes the radio.
To answer you push the arrow button on the steering wheel.
Now, I've only played with it just on the drive home, but there seems to be a issue with the preset volume of the incoming call. Its too low. I've got the radio set a med volume, the call comes in and the callers voice is too low to hear without having to turn up the radio volume. I called Scodche today and they know of this issue and are working on a fix/flash. But they are not sure if its car or phone specific or just everyone has the issue.
Since the iPhone does not have Voice Dialing, I can't comment on that part, but if your phone supports VD then it will work. But to make a call on the iPhone, you have to either use the phone or scroll thru the menu's within the Scosche menu, which is a real pain to get thru and will cause you to crash into something. I mean, to get to the Scosche menu you hold down the bottom seek button on the nav, then use the radio round knob on the right to find like incoming/out going calls and then could dail that way. Way to complex to do while driving IMO.
Voice quality in and out seemed very good after adjusting the volume level.

Overall, thus far it seems like a great product. I also own a Acrua, which I believe sets the standard for BT in a car, this is no way close to the Acura's HFL, but it does a good job in the Acaida and being able to answer the phone with the steering wheel and seeing the caller info in the HUD is what I have been waiting for. I don't think the 2009 BT does the HUD at all.
I"ve got another phone with voice dialing, so I'm going to see how that works, also the tech guy wants me to call him back in a few weeks and hes going to send me a new part if one comes out for the volume issue.

·
Premium Member
3,374 Posts
Thanks for the update. When you talk to them next, light a fire under them to fix the AXIPGMLAN (Scosche ipod interface) so it works with the 2009 radio!

·
Registered
381 Posts
I say get Scosche to figure out how to make the BFGM - AND - APIXGMLAN work IN SERIAL!

I'd love to have a plug-n-play BT with HUD display. Scosche gets it done by cheating with the XM content on the NAV - still surprised GM didn't figure that out on their own BT for the 2009s...

·
Registered
158 Posts
bothfly said:
Overall, thus far it seems like a great product. I also own a Acrua, which I believe sets the standard for BT in a car, this is no way close to the Acura's HFL, but it does a good job in the Acaida and being able to answer the phone with the steering wheel and seeing the caller info in the HUD is what I have been waiting for. I don't think the 2009 BT does the HUD at all.
I"ve got another phone with voice dialing, so I'm going to see how that works, also the tech guy wants me to call him back in a few weeks and hes going to send me a new part if one comes out for the volume issue.
bothfly... You've had this for over a month now, are you still happy? Would you recommend the Blue Fusion?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts