GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'll start this thread to post some good & medium quality pictures of our new Acadia, plus whatever else may happen to be in frame when the picture is taken!

First day, at the dealer:

I really felt at home & encouraged after I turned on the radio: :p

On the way home:

First wash (I found out my camera does not work so well at dusk- the rest were worse than these!) :

·
Registered
75 Posts
Hey, Blue, that's a sharp lookin' rig you have there. That color was one of me and the wifey's top 3 choices as well and actually almost ended up with that color. Now, you know the Carbon Black ones are faster right?

·
Registered
113 Posts
Congrats Blue. I just noticed another difference the 2009 has over the 2008. I'm not sure if this has been mentioned, but on you shot of the navigation screen, on the A/C controlls to turn on the rear A/C the 2009 says "Rear" the 2008 says "Aux". Just thought I would mention that. Looks really good!!! :thumb:

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
Is that really your plate or did you photo shop that?

·
Premium Member
3,374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks all. Speed is not an issue with this one, although it has more power than my '95 Trans Am did stock!

Another 2008/09 difference. Good eye.

GAR said:
Which one? Could be. ;)

I just finished waxing it, and am gong with the lesser of two evils (cover or love bugs) and installing a LeBra front end cover. Pics to follow.

·
Premium Member
2,577 Posts
GAR said:
I was wondering that same exact thing just now. It looks pretty real. :)

Edited to add: Okay I looked at it again and it's totally photo-shopped. LOL The angle of the plate is wrong and you can see the cut corners. :p

·
Premium Member
3,374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
So how about the NEXT FRK one or the radio screen? Where's detnick when you need him?

·
Premium Member
2,577 Posts
Blue_2009_SLT2 said:
So how about the NEXT FRK one or the radio screen? Where's detnick when you need him?
Oh yeah, I knew that one was when I first looked at it. The other plate I had to look at it a second time.

·
Premium Member
3,374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Here are some after a waxing & during/after the LeBra installation:
LeBra install:

Not too difficult, just need a Phillips head screwdriver to loosen three screws per side in the wheel openings. Everything else clips into place. While no places list a 2009 fitment, if you use a 2008 you will get the above cover, which fits fine.

Post install:

One of my favorite angles, thinking of making one of these into a Christmas Card :) :

Old vs. new:

Definitely need some work on my Photoshop skills:

·
Registered
134 Posts
arrrrghhh....... :angryfire:
I can't see the pictures... Any Idea why???

·
Premium Member
2,577 Posts
ttwins1107 said:
arrrrghhh....... :angryfire:
I can't see the pictures... Any Idea why???
Some servers block photobucket. Are you checking the site from work?

·
Registered
134 Posts
I am viewing from work. I can see 1 picture and its the Blue Durango. Can't view the others. :eek:hno:

·
Premium Member
3,374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Do you work for/at Dodge? I can post a picture of a Journey & maybe that will help. :p

Al of the pics are on Photobucket accounts... weird you can only see one. Do you see Dennis Farina (authorized) above?

·
Registered
134 Posts
Nope! not for Dodge. no worries I'll check this out at home and yes I do see the pic of Dennis above.

·
Registered
134 Posts
:blob: :blob: :blob: I Can See!!!!!... Good Gawd... I felt like I was blind there for a little bit.. Congratulations on the new Ride Blue!
I think the photos of your Acadia sold me on the side steps or running boards. I'm going to start my research and see with ones come closest to factory. Yours are factory right?

By the way... I'm really, really, liking that 5 Series!!!

·
Premium Member
2,577 Posts
I'd be willing to bet that Mrs. Blue does not appreciate the burnouts that close to the house...

I'm not very good at photo-shopping either. LOL

·
Registered
200 Posts
I've just never been a fan of bras. They always seem to get in the way. :uzi:

·
Premium Member
3,374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
ttwins-
Glad you can see the pics now! The boards are Sharpboards- I have an install sequence & photos in the Side Steps thread here.

Queen-
That is cool- the Challenger keeps getting larger though. Garage is pretty cramped as-is.

Guru-
I don't usually do the shopping for that type of stuff ;). We hit Victoria's Secret, but ended up at Rock Auto since they were the only one that had a size 2008 SLT in black! :p

1 - 20 of 29 Posts