GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For those that remember, I was hot on the Acadia early this year...then for some inexplicable reason, I bought a Yukon Denali. :banghead: :banghead:

That lasted 90 days and cost me over $5,000 when I sold it on CraigsList....yes, I know, stupid move and one I paid for.
:'( :'(

Don't get me wrong, the Denali was very nice, and very fast for 6,000 pounds. The best GM full size SUV ever. The wood trim was nice, the seats were comfortable, the V8 rumbled, etc.

But each time, I realized my error...
When I drove it in town and looked at the MPG of 12,
When I rejoiced on the highway if I reached 20 MPG,
When I took a corner and felt the heavy, lumbering beast try to stay upright,
When I risked a slipped disk taking out those heavy rear seats.

So I am back! I DO NOT NEED a truck-based SUV when all I do is carry my three kids and occasionally load up with luggage for a vacation.

Initially, I balked on the Acadia because it was hard to find 2nd row bench seats in the color I wanted and I thought it was underpowered...but forget the bench. I will give up the armrest and cupholders for the captain's chairs. I need my kids separated for world peace. Also, I am hoping the mid-August tranny fix will help with my V6 power issues.

Anyway, I am in search of an '08 SLT2 in the new Carbon Black...wish me luck. :blob:

·
Registered
389 Posts
Captains are good for world peace. And it is quite a world back there in kiddo land - lots of borders being crossed, rousing up the rebels, insighting riots....

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Mama2girls said:
Captains are good for world peace. And it is quite a world back there in kiddo land - lots of borders being crossed, rousing up the rebels, insighting riots....
Ah yes...and the negotiated treaties are always breached... :thumb:

·
Registered
76 Posts
There are at least 7 in Atlanta on the ground right now with 2008 Carbon Black on Ebony and Titanium. You willing to come to GA? I'll be glad to help you find whatever equipment you are looking for. No, I don't work for any dealer. But I know where those units are. Let me know!!

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I am tempted Rock...the flight there would be easy, but the drive back to Denver would be a killer. It would certainly be broken in by the end of the trip.

·
Premium Member
1,762 Posts
Welcome back BRH! We're all glad you came to your senses ;) As for the bench, there are six cup holders in the second row alone with the captains chairs (which also have armrests) - you don't really need 8, do you? -grin-

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Good to be back! Can't believe I bought that Denali -- live and learn.

Hey, where are the cupholders in the 2nd row w/captain's? I did not know there were 6? I know two behind the center console and two in the doors...?

·
Registered
497 Posts
I think Admin means that there are 2 in each door. One at the arm rest on door and the other in the door bin. That's makes a total of 6 across row 2 with the pair under the center console.

·
Premium Member
1,762 Posts
That's correct, although the lower ones in each door are really designed to hold 20oz bottles. Don't think you could get a 32 oz cup in those, but that's what the other 4 are for ;)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts