GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As I rake the leaves and prepare for a long cold winter, the thought crosses my mind to look for my Acadia's block heater cord. I can easily find it under the hood, nicely tied and tucked away. My question . . . what is the best path to follow to hang the cord outside of the engine compartment? I could not see any easy or obvious path.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,929 Posts
Have you tried to come up with your own ingenious safe path with plug end out the front grill? Maybe having to use cable ties? Sorry, I don't require a block heater but had years ago before synthetic oil was available to the car industry. It was nice to have warm air available right away though! :eek:hno:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The block heater cord plug end is too large to fit through the grill. On previous vehicles I could slide it beside the headlight assembly (not an option on the Acadia). Have also dropped down below the rad and through the air intake vents on another vehicle (also not an option on the Acadia as the lower vent holes are also too small)

Where are the other Canadians?? I'm sure I am not alone here!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
19 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
67 Posts
Come to think of it, where exactly where can I find such cord tucked under the hood?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
19inches said:
Come to think of it, where exactly where can I find such cord tucked under the hood?
Hey 19: first of all, a block heater is not standard equipment. Make sure yours was equipped with one. Mine was located on the driver's side behind the headlight assembly.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
67 Posts
bgmb said:
19inches said:
Come to think of it, where exactly where can I find such cord tucked under the hood?
Hey 19: first of all, a block heater is not standard equipment. Make sure yours was equipped with one. Mine was located on the driver's side behind the headlight assembly.
Now, that explains it all. Thanks!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1 Posts
bgmb said:
Hey 19: first of all, a block heater is not standard equipment. Make sure yours was equipped with one. Mine was located on the driver's side behind the headlight assembly.
Thanks so much! it's -33 tonight in MB and I couldn't find my cord until this hint... mine was behind the headlight, lifted the plastic molding and it was right there.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7 Posts
mula said:
Thanks so much! it's -33 tonight in MB and I couldn't find my cord until this hint... mine was behind the headlight, lifted the plastic molding and it was right there.
Thanks! I did not know where to look, but I found it where you said behind the headlight. I use Mobile 1 synthetic oil so I don't need to plug in, BUT, it is nice to use on the cold nights! :)
 
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top