GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
I just used round ones and they work fine. They don't "fit in" with mirror perfectly, but they work.

·
Registered
294 Posts
AutoZone used to carry some small angular style mirrors that should work fine in this application.

·
Registered
294 Posts
Keith said:
Wow! They still make those? I thought those went out with the steering wheel knobs
You can still get those if you just know where to look! ;D

·
Registered
40 Posts
I also use the round ones. I just put it in the lower outer corner of the mirror and it works fine.

·
Registered
80 Posts
If you set the mirror so you can just barely see your door handles, there is no blind spot. The shape of these mirrors seems to completely eliminate any blind spot due to the large width.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Can you place those on heated mirrors?

·
Registered
143 Posts
Here's a trick I learned from an engineer.

1. In drivers seat, place head against side window and adjust driver side mirror to just see the door handles.

2. Sit in middle or adjust body to lean as though sitting in middle. Adjust passenger side mirror to just see the door handles on passenger side.

Using all three mirrors ALL blind spots are eliminated when driving. Try it, it works.

·
Registered
524 Posts

·
Registered
524 Posts
Yes, and yes.

·
Registered
681 Posts
nmcbride said:
Can you place those on heated mirrors?
These heated mirrors will not get that hot as to melt the adhesive holding these mirrors on.

·
Registered
249 Posts
lewisra said:
Here's a trick I learned from an engineer.

1. In drivers seat, place head against side window and adjust driver side mirror to just see the door handles.

2. Sit in middle or adjust body to lean as though sitting in middle. Adjust passenger side mirror to just see the door handles on passenger side.

Using all three mirrors ALL blind spots are eliminated when driving. Try it, it works.
That's exactly what I do...and I've been setting my mirrors that way now for 10 years. Basically, when you're looking from left to right, it becomes one continuous, connected view across the vehicle. "Standard" mirror setting is totally overlapped and duplicate. With the wide setting, once a car disappears from view in my driver's side mirror it appears in the rear-view.

There's no way I'd glue on some cheap-a$$ed little round mirrors over my beautiful heated, auto-darkening side mirrors! :eek:hno: :eek:hno: :eek:hno:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts