GMC Acadia Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
3,084 Posts
It's not where you park, it's where you drive. The modules are positioned where they can easily be contaminated with debris. My understanding is the replacements had a protective cover.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Actually according to a quick google search you're correct!
I can't post links yet I guess. I'm too new.
gmpartsdirect.com/oem-parts/gm-object-sensor-22960672

Might be worth it now, thanks :smile_big:

I'm wondering if any folks have taken extra steps before re-installing. Maybe with some silicone around the edges or some dielectric grease on the connection?
Die electric grease. Hidden gem with electronics in general, especially in cars. Generally speaking water gets into the connectors freezes causes micro cracks then slowly destroys the module. Place a healthy amount of die electric grease on every module/sensor/light bulb etc you replace. Should help prevent further damage.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a 2015 Acadia Denali. I have replaced both sets of sensors 3 times. They can fail while driving and kill the entire electrical system. It is unnerving to have your car power down from 70 mph on the freeway with no power brakes or steering. The modules are integrated into the BUS. When they fail, the electrical system shuts down. The only precursor you get to failure is the “Service Side Detection” alert. In my highway situation, that alert popped up on the dash about 10 seconds before the car died.

To the person who thinks we are whiney about spending $200 per module, go ahead and troll this post. I hope I’m not driving by you when I lose power and struggle getting a 6,000 pound death machine to the side of the road.

What other random key electrical component that doesn’t experience wear and tear fails multiple times on a modern aged vehicle? The design is garbage.

·
Super Moderator
21,534 Posts
For anyone else who wants to throw in their $0.02, check into this first:

#N172097060: Special Coverage Adjustment - Side Blind Zone Alert Module Water Intrusion - (Apr 1, 2019)
Some 2013-2017 GMC Acadia (Limited) vehicles, may have a condition where the Side Blind Zone Alert (SBZA) modules may fail or malfunction due to water intrusion. The driver may experience a side blind zone alert message displayed on the driver instrument cluster (DIC). If this message is ignored, the condition could result in the corruption of LS GMLAN that may result in the loss of some driver interface functions such as cluster, infotainment / displays, chime, and passenger presence detection (passenger airbag could be suppressed, w/airbag TT, DIC message). This special coverage covers the condition described above for a period of 6 years or 80,000 miles (130,000 krn), whichever occurs first, from the date the vehicle was originally placed in service, regardless of ownership.

Then, come back and whine about it. This thread is closed, so you'll have to go to the other SBZA threads.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.