GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
About a month ago had battery replaced at dealership. When I got my 2012 Acadia that Friday evening i noticed thr passenger front side vents blowing hot air. It's humid Arkansas summer at the time. Called Monday to report issue. They said it was just a coincidence that the blend door actuator was out. 7 yr. ride starting to have things go out. You know once you have it paid for the problems start. Ugh! Anyway, now I notice that there is a knocking/clicking sound coming from the glovebox. When I turn the ac off , the sound stops. Is it possible to have a bad actuator or something the dealership didn't do correctly? Either way, I think it should be on them seeing as they just replaced it a month ago. Any ideas/suggestions greatly appreciated!

·
Super Moderator
20,263 Posts
Welcome to the forum.
Definitely take the vehicle back to whomever did the work and express your concern to them. Could be that they installed a faulty part which came from their supplier that way. The part may not have failed until later, when the vehicle was returned to you.

·
Super Moderator
20,263 Posts
BTW, the Acadia HVAC system has 3 actuators in the front unit (4 if the Acadia has automatic climate control).

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks, will do!
Before I got a chance to get to dealership, the air(heat & cold) quit working completely. The rear still worked. Took to dealership and had to have blow motor and resistor replaced. About $300 worth. So now my question is should I be expecting the other 3 actuators to be going out in front and I'm guessing the rear system has to have at least 2 actuators? And does the rear have a separate blower and resistor? 2012 Acadia is 7 yrs old and just recently rolled over 100,000 miles. Are there any other issues that are known to come up after warranty is out and of course ride is paid for?😕

·
Registered
1 Posts
I had this same issue. I ordered a new actuator (driver side) and still have the same issue. It won’t move and is stuck between hot and cold. I tried disconnecting the battery and resetting it so to speak. One thing I haven’t seen addressed, are you supposed to be able to turn the actuator manually while on the workbench? I was not able to with the new or the old unit. Btw the valve isn’t stuck because after removing the actuator I was able to turn it to get cold air with ease. Did I get a bad part? I can’t reach the fuse under the glovebox. Brilliant engineering there.

·
Super Moderator
20,263 Posts
... So now my question is should I be expecting the other 3 actuators to be going out in front ...
Only if you want to be a total pessimist. ;) None of the actuators ever failed in my Acadia.
... ... I'm guessing the rear system has to have at least 2 actuators? And does the rear have a separate blower and resistor?
AFAIK, the rear has one actuator to control air flow from floor to ceiling. Check a parts diagram to be sure. It does have a separate blower and resistor (aka, blower control module).

Are there any other issues that are known to come up after warranty is out and of course ride is paid for?😕
Please don't ask catch-all questions like this in a thread concerning a specific topic! Make a new thread somewhere else.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts