GMC Acadia Forum banner

Blazer To Hurt Acadia Sales?

4K views 15 replies 10 participants last post by  JayTee2019 
#1 ·
I see that dealers are starting to get Blazers on their lots. And since my next purchase will likely be either an Acadia or Blazer, I stopped by my local dealer to check out the RS they had in stock.

Wow! Nice-looking vehicle. I think it's gonna hurt Acadia sales by stripping off buyers like me who really don't care about the third row seating, and who are just luke-warm about the Acadia body style.

But we'll see how the pricing goes. I'm thinking if I want a similarly-equipped Blazer to what I've been looking at in an Acadia, it's gonna cost me *at least* $4k more (and likely *more* than that) .. unless they throw some 'kickoff' rebates out there to get the ball rolling.

#2 ·
It's is in kind of a weird niche. From a size and functional standpoint it looks to complete with the Equinox market, but it's priced almost where the Traverse/Acadia is. It tends to be in the tiny area between sporty Equinox and smaller Traverse. Is there that much market share there? I guess we will see. If not, you'll soon be able to get that Blazer without playing the sizable price tag they currently want for it.

#3 ·
Maybe what they're saying is (to Equinox buyers): "you still want your N/A V6 Equinox we took away from you ... well ... here it is in the base model Blazer ... for $5,000 more".

#4 ·
A lot of people including me did not like that GM decided to build the Blazer in Mexico instead of in the states.

I love the old Blazer and S10 Blazer. I was hoping the new Blazer would be RWD on a truck frame to compete with the new Bronco. I honestly don’t see where the Blazer fits in Chevy’s lineup.

#5 ·
I was hoping the new Blazer would be RWD on a truck frame to compete with the new Bronco. I honestly don’t see where the Blazer fits in Chevy’s lineup.

The Blazer will be the same size as the Highlander, Durango, Grand Cherokee and Acadia so they can compete better in that class cuv. That is a popular size and some of those brands sell over 15,000 units a month.

#7 ·
In my opinion the new Blazer is a far cry from previous models. The new one is designed to appeal to a group of buyers more concerned with fancy styling. The rear of the roof looks like a customizer did a bad chop job. My '08' TrailBlazer had a solid frame under it and even though a 2WD was competent in all kings of weather. I was hoping the new one would be larger, it's just a Terrain in different sheet metal.

#9 · (Edited)
In my opinion the new Blazer is a far cry from previous models. The new one is designed to appeal to a group of buyers more concerned with fancy styling. The rear of the roof looks like a customizer did a bad chop job. I was hoping the new one would be larger, it's just a Terrain in different sheet metal.
I do agree . . . very different than the previous Blazers.
The new Blazer appeals to a different demographic than the Acadia. As someone else mentioned, the styling and limited seating, interior and features of Blazer are more for the cafe shop crowd strolling down a closed off metro street plaza, sipping a Starbuck's and carrying bags of stuff from the boutiques.
The Blazer is a good alternative to the current Terrain and Equinox for those who want a bit more sporty and Japanese/Euro styling. But, yeah . . for more $$$$. And, @Colt Hero, Blazer should be much cheaper being smaller, made in Mexico when Acadia is made in Spring Hill, TN. BTW. . . a very good GM plant and I spent some time there when it was still Saturn.
The Acadia and Denali Acadia are more conservative and upscale in appearance and feel, plus appeal to those who want both more passenger and versatile cargo areas. Even Cadillac has stepped up with the bit larger XT6 built on the same platform.
I looked at Blazer some 2 months ago and there were deals on them even then with fairly good incentives and dealer discounts. But not as good as GMC had on Acadia. The best I could find was $3K to $4K more compared to a similarly equipped Acadia. Even then, it was not an exact match.
I feel we got more for our money in Acadia and suits our needs better. I am also amazed that, so far, we are getting +2 to +3 MPG better than our 2015 Equinox LTZ with the 3.6L LFX V6 engine.

Reactions: Colt Hero
#13 ·
I tend to agree with this. If anything the new Blazer will more likely compete against the Terrain when comparing size, features, etc. (Cost once the 'new' factor wears off will be less of an issue.)

The Blazer is short on cargo space compared to the Acadia so people looking at the Acadia for that reason will loose interest pretty quick.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.