GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
556 Posts
That looks great IMO. I am definitely going to put black on my front GMC emblem, the rear I might leave (tail lights are red, so it doesn't stand out so much). Got a pic of the rear also? Can you share where/who you bought the black decals from?

·
Registered
556 Posts
Too funny, I just put these on my white Denali and the look is fantastic. And was subtle enough the wife approved (by not disapproving lol)
Got pics?
Where did you buy them?

·
Registered
2017 Acadia Denali
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Here's the back. Not decals. I watched the dipyourcar guru on YouTube about emblems. $5 can of plasti dip spray. 4 coats. 15 min in between. The trick is to actually allow some space on the chrome. Don't take up to edge of red part. When dry, it will peel right off of chrome and cut itself in the creases of the red GMC logo. Came out perfect. I'll include some tape pics before and after of the rear...

·
Registered
556 Posts
Great, thanks!
Are you still considering a grill change also?

·
Registered
323 Posts
I did the same thing a month after we bought our 2017 but I ordered the black emblems from GM. I had enough rewards points to pay for one of them so I figured why not. My wife’s Acadia is the dark grey color All-Terrain.

·
Registered
556 Posts
Finally painted my front emblem, looks so much better to me.
During:
20200519_142138.jpg
After:
20200519_143148.jpg
Close up:
20200519_143151.jpg
As mentioned above, definitely don't mask to the red. Leave 1/8" or more of chrome, as it will just peel right off. The only part where it was a bit hard to remove was where paint built up at the red to chrome crevice.
Happy!
Will ponder the back... with red tail lights and chrome back there, not as bothered.

·
Registered
949 Posts
Finally painted my front emblem, looks so much better to me.
During:
View attachment 9501
After:
View attachment 9502
Close up:
View attachment 9503
As mentioned above, definitely don't mask to the red. Leave 1/8" or more of chrome, as it will just peel right off. The only part where it was a bit hard to remove was where paint built up at the red to chrome crevice.
Happy!
Will ponder the back... with red tail lights and chrome back there, not as bothered.
Turned out really well. Plasti-Dip . . . I did the same on wife Chevy bow tie emblem. I think I did 4 coats and was careful to get each coat "wet" but not spray too much to run. Then I let each coat dry for 20 minutes and about 45 to peel the excess off. I cheated and used an exacto blade in the grove which, I think, helped a lot to make the cut where it looked best.

·
Registered
556 Posts
Thanks!
I considered using a utility knife, but it came off so easy. There were a couple small spots that concerned me where the crevice got filled a bit, but I tried and it peeled off the chrome easy, no budging on the emblem, just used my pinky nail to push teeny (not visible at all now) parts in.
My 9 year old girl was out for parts. After it was done I said I was considering the back also, but as there are red tail lights there, it didn't bother me as much. "Oh no daddy, you need to paint that one also". So guess what I'm doing this weekend, haha. :unsure:

·
Registered
949 Posts
Thanks!
I considered using a utility knife, but it came off so easy. There were a couple small spots that concerned me where the crevice got filled a bit, but I tried and it peeled off the chrome easy, no budging on the emblem, just used my pinky nail to push teeny (not visible at all now) parts in.
My 9 year old girl was out for parts. After it was done I said I was considering the back also, but as there are red tail lights there, it didn't bother me as much. "Oh no daddy, you need to paint that one also". So guess what I'm doing this weekend, haha. :unsure:
Charmed by the little one. Hard to deny a suggestion from a daughter. It's even more difficult with a grand daughter. Don't ask me how I know. . . lol.

·
Registered
556 Posts
Charmed by the little one. Hard to deny a suggestion from a daughter. It's even more difficult with a grand daughter. Don't ask me hoe I know. . . lol.
I'm old enough to be a grandpa, just started (very) late in life.

·
Registered
556 Posts
The back one needed painting as well... IMO anyway. Again, happy with the outcome.
20200523_192659.jpg

1 - 14 of 14 Posts