GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Brown Acadia, and was washing it for the first time a few days ago. There seems to be Black shinny plastic trim between the front and rear doors as well as another piece in the courner on the rear door. Its kinda hard to clean, and seems to want to get scratched up easily.
What are you guys doing to clean this part??

·
Registered
956 Posts
The plastic does scratch easily. Every car I've owned with the plastic filler that you descriped has done the same thing. I guess use a very soft cloth when you dry it and make sure you hose it off good before you start to wash it.

·
Registered
1 Posts
This seems to be a common problem. My Acadia came off the lot with scratches all over these pieces. The dealer replaced them as part of the warranty and said it's not the first time he'd seen it. But you have to be REALLY careful not only when washing and drying, but just getting out of the car and shutting the door.

·
Registered
57 Posts
jenkins190 said:
This seems to be a common problem. My Acadia came off the lot with scratches all over these pieces. The dealer replaced them as part of the warranty and said it's not the first time he'd seen it. But you have to be REALLY careful not only when washing and drying, but just getting out of the car and shutting the door.
Sounds like after market chrome or stainless steel overlays maybe a wise investment.

m

·
Registered
112 Posts
txhokie4life said:
Sounds like after market chrome or stainless steel overlays maybe a wise investment.

m
Oh God No!

More shiny surfaces to blind me like the dash vents and the console trim! LOL

·
Premium Member
2,875 Posts
bothfly said:
There seems to be Black shinny plastic trim between the front and rear doors as well as another piece in the courner on the rear door. Its kinda hard to clean, and seems to want to get scratched up easily.
What are you guys doing to clean this part??
Here is a thread to some discussion about swirl marks on the paint and the plastic black pieces you have pointed out. Check it out. Great advice on here from paintcareanddetailing.

http://www.acadiaforum.net/forum/index.php?topic=3153.0

1 - 7 of 7 Posts