GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey All,
I have some black scuff marks on my driver's seat. :angryfire: Any good ways of cleaning it? I've used Mothers cleaner and conditioner with no luck. I just now tried warm water with no luck.

Ryan

·
Registered
113 Posts
I have blue on my titanium seats. I think it's from blue jeans. Got some to come off but you can still see it. I used Zaino leather cleaner and another brand and still didn't work.

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
My passenger seat was completely blue from my wife's new blue jeans. I freaked when I saw it and grabbed one of those hand wipes that kills germs we had in the car, and it came right off. I might have taken all the oils out of the leather and ruined it, but the blue came off. Now I just need to figure out how to get the blue ink off the rear seat. :)

·
Registered
48 Posts
Dye transfer on leather are hard and sometimes impossible to get out. You could try Woolite/water (1:8 ratio) with a stiff bristled brush and see if that works. You can also try a Mr Clean Magic Eraser - just use cautiously. The Eraser can be a bit abrasive when dry so it needs to be well saturated with the cleaning solution and water before using...it should glide over the leather effortlessly if it's "grabby" then it needs more liquid.

Be sure to test any product in a inconspicuous spot before using.

GAR said:
Now I just need to figure out how to get the blue ink off the rear seat. :)
Here is some info on ink and leather:

http://www.lttleathercare.co.uk/inkremoval.asp

·
Registered
88 Posts
I had the same thing happen on my new Acadia's ebony leather.. I'm not sure what did the dye transfer.. but it was on the back and the lower side bolsters. I just used some warm water on a terry cloth rag w/ a little elbow grease. Looks like new now.

Is there anything that you can do to prevent this.. besides covering the seat?

·
Registered
403 Posts
Hense why I ordered the black "leather" seats...sorry to hear of your color issues. :confused:

·
Registered
113 Posts
I love my Titanium leather and would choose again over the Ebony. Mine too gets that blue stain from blue jeans and I use Mcguiars Gold Class Rich Leather Cleaner/Conditioner. It works every time to get any stain out plus it conditions at the same time. Here is the link for the product. I think I bought it at Target or Wal-Mart.

http://www.meguiars.com/?automotive-leather-care/Gold-Class-Rich-Leather-Spray

·
Registered
1,703 Posts

·
Registered
542 Posts
Cravenfan said:
Hense why I ordered the black "leather" seats...sorry to hear of your color issues. :confused:
Ditto!

Love the titanium look but I figured this would be an issue. Not something I want to have to deal with so went with ebony.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts