GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
One concern that I have with the Acadia is the black carpeting. I noticed when I looked at one at a dealer a couple weeks ago that dusty footprints really seemed to stand out on the carpet. My 3 kids have been pretty hard on the floor of my '97 Grand Caravan. I'm concerned enough about it that I've considered going with the Outlook to get a different carpet color. My GM Card earnings like the Acadia much better though! What have owners' experiences been so far with the carpeting? Please tell me my concern is unfounded :-\

·
Premium Member
969 Posts
It's unfounded.

·
Premium Member
969 Posts
I have hadebony capetsin both of my Envoys. I hav eit in my Passat. Had it in my BMW.

It shows less dirt then the grey I had in my Volvo and Saab. You will kill yourself if you get a beige color as well.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I've had black carpet and mats in my cars for the last 10 years. In the winter the road salt really shows and makes the carpet look filthly. But any other time they have hid the dirt and stains very well. In particular mud and grease. If the carpet were lighter (grey, tan, white) I'd probably pull my hair out from every fuzzer and mud stain I saw.

·
Premium Member
822 Posts
I have black carpeting in my MDX and my wife has beige in her RX300. The black is much easier to keep looking good. I do have all weather mats, and that helps a lot in the winter.

Kelly

·
Registered
185 Posts
The black carpeting shows every little bit of dust but just run a damp towel over it and it looks good again.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I just received my mats from www.weathertech.com I have purchased them for most of my cars from them. They have a 2 piece set for the cargo area (depending on if your have the 3rd row up/down). They also have either mats or liners for the front. The total cost was around $225

·
Registered
6,748 Posts
While the black may show dust and other light colored debris, I think that in the long run it will hold up better (stay cleaner looking) than light colors. I had a camel interior in my Envoy and the mats got very dirty looking eventhough they were cleaned periodically.

·
Registered
458 Posts
I like the black because it hides dirt more easily than the lighter colors. However, it does show salt very easily in the winter. About once every other month, I will take my Bissell steam cleaner out in the garage and use the attachments to steam clean the interior of my carpets. It's amazing how much dirt accumulates in those carpets (especially with kids).

I plan on getting the ebony leather interior with my Acadia or Enclave. And now I'm leaning towards the Blue-Gold color exterior for either car.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts