GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I am planning to do some great installs soon and hopefully make a good FAQ for everyone. Planning:

GM P.A.L. for ipod
adding factory heated seats to my SLE
Homelink factory overhead console retrofit
Hardwiring the garmin Nuvi
Xpel fog/headlight covers
rear seat cover for the lil one.

If anyone has any recent tips beyond what I have seen in the archives, please chime in...

Jason

·
Premium Member
14,870 Posts
I'm interested in the heated seats; are yours pre-wired or are you doing seat swaps?

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
Jason, fill in the vehicle info so we know what options you are upgrading with.
It can make a difference in how much work the upgrade will entail.

·
Premium Member
3,374 Posts
For simpletons like me there is one rule for threads like those:
:worthless:

Sounds like some great projects, you should find all the support you need here. Keep us updated! :thumb:

·
Registered
614 Posts
The heated seats interest me, are those a very big power user? Would an alternator upgrade be in the works as well to help with the extra power requirements you'll have?

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
its the factory heated seat upgrade kit, should be fine with the present elec system.

·
Premium Member
14,870 Posts
jason952 said:
its the factory heated seat upgrade kit, should be fine with the present elec system.
So you're adding heated seats to your existing SLE seats?

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
yup, I have used kits from Rostra.com in multiple other cars with good success; but GMpartsdirect and others sell the factory kit with the center console switches, so I thought I would try that.

·
Premium Member
14,870 Posts
jason952 said:
yup, I have used kits from Rostra.com in multiple other cars with good success; but GMpartsdirect and others sell the factory kit with the center console switches, so I thought I would try that.
Didn't know that was possible; I think you should probably buy the kit from GM; what are they asking?

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
it's about 300 online. the ones from rostra.com are about 125 apiece. the extra money was worth it to me for the factory console and plug and play install. They are coming fedex today!!

·
Premium Member
14,870 Posts
I would agree; maybe a few action photos of the install if you get a chance?

·
Registered
30 Posts
Jason,
That price sounds good at $300, I would assume you are doing the install of the heated seat compents? I asked my dealer what they would charge to install them, as they did on my wifes 03 Grandam GT. They qouted my $295cdn per seat, which doesn't sound to bab as it would be covered under warranty as a dealer install option.

Do you have the part number to the kit you bought?

Matt

1 - 12 of 12 Posts