GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Now that it really heating up here in Texas I have noticed that the somewhat crappy black Sun Shades are not really holding back the heat as much as I would like them to. Since I have two sunroofs the car gets hot.
Anyone do any mods or buy something else to help it out? I'm thinking about doing a dark window tint that I could peal off in the fall.
Thanks

·
Registered
61 Posts
I think you might be onto something for the fixed sunroof over the second row. The vinyl cling shades sold at Babies 'R Us, Target, etc. (Safety 1st brand or something like that) I think would be big enough. It easily peels off and can be re-used. I don't know how well that would work in the front row when you open to roof (retract the glass); it would work if you only pop up the glass.

·
Registered
381 Posts
Covercraft makes a good sun shade. You pay for it (~$50) but you get what you pay for. It does a great job of keeping the heat out. Unfortunately, it doesn't impede the heat penetrating from the sun/moon roofs.

I purchased my Covercraft from AutoAnything.

You could go all out an buy a car cover and/or a roof cargo carrier....but I would consider both overkill for as a sun shade....

·
Registered
812 Posts
just have your sunroof tinted ULTRA BLACK..... :thumb:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts