GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2015 Acadia Denali with a heated steering wheel. The problem is, like 60% of the wheel, including the 10-2 range where the hands usually go, is this stupid wood or fake wood that's not heated; it gets and stays ice cold. Only the 7-10 and 2-5 sections of the wheel are heated. Is there a better, 100% leather/heated, wheel I can retrofit?

·
Super Moderator
22,995 Posts
Look at what's offered on a GM parts site. Get the part number, put that number in your browser's search box, and look for the best deal.

·
Super Moderator
22,995 Posts
Fairly sure Acadia has leather-wrapped and woodgrain heated steering wheel options in 2015.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It's vanishingly rare, but it exists. After an exhaustive search of pictures on car-part.com, I found it at a yard in Ohio. They sold it to me on the cheap, didn't know they were holding a unicorn. Swapped the Denali trim and controls over from the original steering wheel, and success!

·
Registered
2019 Acadia Denali
49 Posts
I wonder if the lack of 10-2 heating is related to the NHSTA change in their recommendation as to the "proper" hand position.

"At some point you might have heard the phrase “10 and 2” when it comes to where to put your hands on the steering wheel. These numbers are in reference to a clock. Your hands should be where the “two” and “10” numbers would be. NHTSA’s recommendations have changed in recent years, however. The organization now suggest drivers lower their hands a bit to the “9 and 3” position. The change has been recommended in part because the “10 and 2” hand position could be dangerous in cars with smaller steering wheels that have air bags."

·
Super Moderator
22,995 Posts
I wonder if the lack of 10-2 heating is related to the NHSTA change in their recommendation as to the "proper" hand position.
Doubtful that has much bearing on it. The steering wheel in my XT5 is heated around its full circumference.

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
I solved the heated seat and heated steering wheel problem. I live in the Florida Panhandle. I remember my heated seat option getting turned on a couple of times and I was sure uncomfortable before I realized what had happened.

george

·
Registered
3,708 Posts
I solved the heated seat and heated steering wheel problem. I live in the Florida Panhandle. I remember my heated seat option getting turned on a couple of times and I was sure uncomfortable before I realized what had happened.

george
So you are saying you need the chilled wheel.... :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts