GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2018 GMC Acadia SLE-2 AWD
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone recommend a really good wheel cleaner to clean the rims and get rid of brake dust and also something that I don’t have to worry about damaging the finish on the stock wheels.

·
Registered
2018 Quicksilver Metallic Jet Black Leather SLT-1 Tow Package
788 Posts
SuperClean All Wheel Cleaner...good stuff that was recommended to me and has worked great.

·
Registered
1,048 Posts

·
Registered
665 Posts
Sure! CarPro iron x. It dissolves brake dust on a molecular level, turning purple to show its working. Then just wash with soap and your favorite wheel brushes. No scrubbing, no fuss, just super clean wheels.

·
Super Moderator
21,780 Posts
Dawn, Tide, or other good detergent with hot water and a good wash mit or soft-bristled brush. Pre-soak always helps.

·
Registered
665 Posts
If you want to strip be off any wax or protectant then sure, use home cleaners. But they make automotive cleaners for a reason, more gentle on the surfaces. Just my opinion, do what you wish.

·
Super Moderator
21,780 Posts
If you want to strip be off any wax or protectant then sure, use home cleaners. But they make automotive cleaners for a reason, more gentle on the surfaces. Just my opinion, do what you wish.
You'll find those products are nearly identical mixtures of various surfactants and carriers if you read the MSDS for each.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Dawn, Tide, or other good detergent with hot water and a good wash mit or soft-bristled brush. Pre-soak always helps.
And it will smell like spring rain and won't have any static cling when you are done with it.

·
Registered
665 Posts
And its color safe too!

I am going to browse some older posts and stir up some old memories.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Black Magic Bleche Wite. (Yes, that's the way it's spelled!) I've used it for 20+ years on everything from Porches to Fords. Cleans both tires and wheels without harming either.

·
Registered
665 Posts
1601641410911.png

I actually used to use a lot of Black Magic stuff back in the day. It does work good, as does Fabuloso! That purple stuff puts a hurtin on stains! And for less than $4, its hard to beat.

Perhaps I have taken the wrong approach with my recommendations, and while the products I use work REALLY well, the ones available locally can do similar work. And are considerably cheaper. While my products require -0- elbow grease to work, they are more expensive. So I shall be more open minded to consumer end products than I have been.

·
Registered
2,070 Posts
Black Magic Bleche Wite. (Yes, that's the way it's spelled!) I've used it for 20+ years on everything from Porches to Fords. Cleans both tires and wheels without harming either.
(y)
Yup Bleche-Wite . . .. Have a gallon on hand and have used it for years.
Spray it in the tire side walls, scrub it with a brush a bit and rinse, rinse, rinse. Works well on getting the brake dust off years back. Just make sure to rinse well after spraying, letting it sit and soak a bit, and scrubbing with a brush.
Don't let it dry on especially if wheels are hot from sitting on the sun on a hot day.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Been a huge fan of Brown Royal myself….works very well and different solutions clean more than just wheels.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts