GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
our new garage is VERY narrow, and the car has about 2 inches clearance per side. any suggestions for adding power folding mirrors to an 07 black acadia without spending a ton?

jeff

·
Premium Member
14,870 Posts
Well the cheapest way is to park the Acadia outside, but if you're like me you don't want to do that. I don't think there is an inexpensive option for you.

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
I looked at upgrading the SLE mirrors to the SLT 1 type,
and the price was ridiculous (about $500), not to mention I would probably
have to run more power wires for the heat and more for the directionals.
Just wasn't worth it.

I was thinking you could open the driver's window, then fold in the mirror.
That should give you another 5 or 6 inches of clearance.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Copperhead13 said:
I looked at upgrading the SLE mirrors to the SLT 1 type,
and the price was ridiculous (about $500), not to mention I would probably
have to run more power wires for the heat and more for the directionals.
Just wasn't worth it.

I was thinking you could open the driver's window, then fold in the mirror.
That should give you another 5 or 6 inches of clearance.
this is what i do, i simply pull the drivers side mirror in and i have enough room for the passengers to fit.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
appreciate the advice...not trying to sound dumber than i normally do :), but my side mirrors don't fold...i do have an original year 2007...seriously, you guys have folding mirrors?

·
Registered
87 Posts
They should fold, you should be able to look at them to tell. They are called "Break Away" I think. It's so if they get "hit" they will fold. So you should have this, GM has used these for years. :thumb:

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
They are very hard to fold. I thought I would break mine the first time I folded them.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I'm looking for retrofitted folding mirrors, as well. I noticed that nobody has posted here in about 6 weeks... has anybody come up with a cheaper solution or am I still going to fold my mirrors in? Also, I'm assuming that was $500 for one mirror... not the pair?

Thanks...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts