GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On the highway, four people, A/C on, 35 lbs of pressure in the tires, 73F - today the DIC showed a reading of 33.5 mpg(6.8L/100km) :thumb:. I realize that the DIC is not totally accurate, but it tells me that the mileage is just improving as the car breaks in. It's interesting to chat about some problems that exist, but lots of stuff goes right with these vehicles, too! Anyone else getting good readings as mileage increases?

·
Registered
264 Posts
Have you had the latest trans flash done yet?

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
garco 57 said:
Have you had the latest trans flash done yet?
Nope - I asked the service dept. about just that - the service manager said that none was needed! Are Canadian deliveries treated differently than those in the states? Were they flashed before delivery? He said yes! I haven't had the shifting problems talked about in the forum, either! Go figure. ???

·
Registered
246 Posts
Logbite,
How new is your vehicle? The plant has been using the latest flash since the start of August, so if
it is fairly new, then it would have been built with latest flash. Otherwise, your dealer should have applied
any relevant updates when doing pre-delivery inspection. At least, that's what my dealer always does.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
linuxtwit said:
Logbite,
How new is your vehicle? The plant has been using the latest flash since the start of August, so if
it is fairly new, then it would have been built with latest flash. Otherwise, your dealer should have applied
any relevant updates when doing pre-delivery inspection. At least, that's what my dealer always does.
I picked it up on May 3! The dealer said it was put through a "Quality Audit" where it was pulled from the line and "gone over with a fine-toothed comb"(his words). Whatever they did, I have had minimal problems/recalls/re-flashes. He probably re-flashed it before delivery, too, but you'd think he'd have to add the newest! I guess "if it ain't broke, don't fix it" applies here. I have not complained about shifting; I just asked if the new flashes were done. He said none were needed!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts