GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is an idea to share the best or worst deals we have gotten on our Acadias so that others may use them as either a benchmark to negotiate their own deal or to buy from the listed dealer. If done properly, this will save our fellow forum members a lot of time shopping dealers. Members can then search in their region forum for a dealer by name or by city.

Please utilize the following format when posting here:

1) City & State & date of purchase (month/year is fine)
2) Name of dealer & phone # or contact info (name of salesman or Internet manager)
3) Year, type (FWD or AWD), & model (SLE/SLT1/SLT2) of Acadia purchased & options.
4) Price paid as it relates to Edmunds.com invoice- include ALL dealer fees, but not tax or trade-in value. Please only list prices “anyone” can get. This EXCLUDES GM Employee, buying club, credit union, etc.
5) Other comments- got a good price on my trade in, the sales people were very knowledgeable, etc.

Examples:
1) Nonexistent, Nameofstate, July 2008
2) James Smith Pontiac-Buick-GMC, 888-555-1234, Internet Manager John Doe
3) 2009 FWD SLT2 with nav, rear DVD, remote start
4) Paid $39,999 with all fees. Edmunds invoice was $39,899, so I paid $100 over invoice.
5) The dealer was able to order right away. They gave me 1,000 less than average wholesale on my trade.

1) Nonexistent, Nameofstate, July 2008
2) James Smith Pontiac-Buick-GMC, 888-555-1234, Internet Manager John Doe
3) 2009 FWD SLT2 with nav, rear DVD, remote start
4) Did not buy. Dealer would not come off of MSRP of $42,123..
5) The salesperson was aloof and uninformed as to their product. They insisted I finance through them before they would do any negotiating.

·
Registered
112 Posts
I don't know about new car sales, but I want to warn people in the DFW area NOT to use EWING GMC/BUICK for service or repairs!!!! They are outright CRIMINALS!!

Ewing GMC
6425 Dallas Pkwy, Plano, TX 75093

Took my vehicle in for some noises. Was told they would "look at it". They came back with "it needs fluid changes and some front end work".
I asked if they found out what the noises were, and all I was told was it would cost $150 for them to listen to it!! I told them all I wanted was to know what the noises were, I never asked for them to look at anything else, and I kept getting "it will cost you $150". What a scam!!! $150 just to find out what some noises are???? Apparently they can look at EVERYTHING ELSE you DONT want looked at for FREE.........but the thing you WANT looked at will cost you!!

Since they refused to look at the problems I specifically took it in there for, I searched online for a 5 star rated private mechanic shop. I found one and took my vehicle there. I told the owner/master mechanic that I wanted HIM to inspect what was done by Ewing and look at what I needed it to be looked at in the first place.

The mechanic told me that they replaced the struts but not the mounts and thats what was making my front end "rattle". He said any honest dealer would have replaced the mounts, which is what you are supposed to do when you replace struts, not use old mounts on new struts. The mechanic also told me they only replaced one motor mount, and...again....you NEVER just replace ONE motor mount you replace ALL of them. This master mechanic told me he had been working with GM for many years and never seen a dealership screw someone over like this, much less actually charge them for a full service they never got, or even bother to tell the customer they only did a half-assed job! He also told me you can really screw a vehicle up by only half-*** replacing parts that NEED to be replaced in sets like struts/mounts and motor mounts.

I've now had to pay TWICE the price for something that I should have only paid for ONCE!

DO NOT TAKE YOUR VEHICLE INTO THESE PEOPLE FOR WORK! They will screw it up worse than when you brought it in!

·
Super Moderator
22,417 Posts
...I asked if they found out what the noises were, and all I was told was it would cost $150 for them to listen to it!!...
You shouldn't go into a service center expecting someone to work on your car for free. If you go in thinking some paid laborer should do work for you at no charge, you should expect their attitude toward you to be pretty crappy. Even diagnostic time is considered chargeable labor. Open your wallet and pay the diagnostic fee. It will be incorporated with the charge for repair if you decide to have them do the work.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts