GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is an idea to share the best or worst deals we have gotten on our Acadias so that others may use them as either a benchmark to negotiate their own deal or to buy from the listed dealer. If done properly, this will save our fellow forum members a lot of time shopping dealers. Members can then search in their region forum for a dealer by name or by city.

Please utilize the following format when posting here:

1) City & State & date of purchase (month/year is fine)
2) Name of dealer & phone # or contact info (name of salesman or Internet manager)
3) Year, type (FWD or AWD), & model (SLE/SLT1/SLT2) of Acadia purchased & options.
4) Price paid as it relates to Edmunds.com invoice- include ALL dealer fees, but not tax or trade-in value. Please only list prices “anyone” can get. This EXCLUDES GM Employee, buying club, credit union, etc.
5) Other comments- got a good price on my trade in, the sales people were very knowledgeable, etc.

Examples:
1) Nonexistent, Nameofstate, July 2008
2) James Smith Pontiac-Buick-GMC, 888-555-1234, Internet Manager John Doe
3) 2009 FWD SLT2 with nav, rear DVD, remote start
4) Paid $39,999 with all fees. Edmunds invoice was $39,899, so I paid $100 over invoice.
5) The dealer was able to order right away. They gave me 1,000 less than average wholesale on my trade.

1) Nonexistent, Nameofstate, July 2008
2) James Smith Pontiac-Buick-GMC, 888-555-1234, Internet Manager John Doe
3) 2009 FWD SLT2 with nav, rear DVD, remote start
4) Did not buy. Dealer would not come off of MSRP of $42,123..
5) The salesperson was aloof and uninformed as to their product. They insisted I finance through them before they would do any negotiating.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Great idea Blue... I am getting ready to order an 09! We have our first little one on the way and we need a larger family vehicle... I have followed your threads and that has been a great help! Keep up the great work and making this a great resource for everyone...

~Jonathan

·
Premium Member
3,374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'll do mine first:

EDIT/UPDATE
The winner: [/color]Stay away from here. Even though I did end up with GM Employee pricing, I would hesitate to buy from this dealer under normal circumstances.[/color]
1) Jacksonville, Florida, July~August 2008
2) Nimnicht Pontiac-Buick-GMC, 904-733-1616, Alan Prevost, Internet Manager
3) 2009, FWD, SLT2 with Deep Blue/Ebony, Nav, cooled seats, trailer package, tech package, advanced remote start, and 8 passenger credit.
4) Edmunds.com invoice: $38,630.00 (w/ destination). Selling price: $38,963.35 (includes ALL dealer fees, but not tax or trade-in value). Net price of $333.35 over invoice.
5) Other comments- Dealer quoted a very low price for my SUV, but the market is not all that great, so I kept it. Internet Manager is a no BS type of guy, which worked well for me in the deal. Replied same day to all email inquiries. This dealer failed to disclose advertising fees in their invoice price, they were not disclosed until after a $484.65 lower price quote and the vehicle had arrived.
Revised invoice price was $39,448 plus tax, tag, and fees. Dealer offered to sell at Supplier price + $75 fee, but still almost $350 over initial quote. Fees amounted to $333.35 at this dealer. Did not buy this vehicle due to these circumstances until GMS pricing was released on 9-3-08.

The runners up (in no order):
1) Valdosta, Georgia
2) Bosch GMC, 800-362-2651, Everett Adkins Internet Manager
3) Same as above.
4) Quoted price of $39,048.63, which is $418.63 over invoice.
5) Other comments- Initial quote was around $1,500 over invoice. Above was negotiated.

1) Tampa, Florida
2) James Rivard Pontiac-Buick-GMC, 813-620-6500, Bob Habbeshaw Internet Manager
3) Same as above.
4) Quoted price of $39464.50, which is $834.50 over invoice.
5) Other comments- Dealer has a 2% ad fee in invoice. Admitted they could not meet Jacksonville price above. Had offered very good price on trade, but could not commit to this unless it was inspected, which required a 500 mile round trip. Possibly a good choice for a local buyer.

1) Kennesaw (Atlanta), Georgiaa
2) Carl Black Pontiac-Buick-GMC, 888-457-2417 , Reed Harrington Internet Consultant
3) Same as above.
4) Quoted price of $100 over invoice, plus $399 dealer fee. Did not disclose invoice price. Minimum would have been $499 over invoice.
5) Other comments- Offered to sell a 2009 model in wrong color/equipment to expedite sale. Offered to beat Jacksonville price, but too far away to be cost effective.

1) Smyrna (Atlanta), Georgia
2) Capital Pontiac-Buick-GMC, 404-643-1759, Martha Heneghan Internet Sales Manager
3) Same as above, w/o remote start (not available at the time).
4) Quoted price of invoice, plus 2 x $450 ad fees plus other fees. Did not disclose exact invoice price, could not get prices. Calculated price with fees was near $1,400 over invoice.
5) Other comments- Aggressive Internet dealer, a lot of advertising on Craigslist.

1) Morrow (Atlanta), Georgia
2) Hennessy of Southlake GMC, 770-968-6800, Rene Scott, Internet Sales Manager
4) No pricing available at the time.
5) Other comments- None

1) Union City (Atlanta), Georgia
2) Buick, Pontiac, GMC of South Atlanta, 770-964-1234, Sylvia J. Heard, Coordinator
4) Quoted $500 over invoice, no pricing available from GM.
5) Other comments- None.

I felt sorry for this one:
1) Lake City, Florida
2) Ronsonet Buick-Pontiac-GMC, 386 752 2180, Norbie Ronsonet
4) No price quoted- see comments.
5) Other comments- Had emailed twice, and received only an automated response each time, then an automated follow-up over a week later. I replied I had made 2x inquiries and had not heard anything. I got this: i'm sorry to here that it's our fault i'm in between internet managers. "Our fault" is not something you hear much these days, although he would benefit from grammar/spell check from what I hear.

The not-so-good[/color]
1) Jacksonville, Florida
2) Coggin Pontiac-GMC-Buick of Orange Park, 904-573-4044, Ted Carter Internet Manager
3) Same as above, w/o remote start (not available at the time)
4) Quoted price of $41,305.00 ($70 under MSRP) PLUS $599 dealer fee, FL Tire Fee of $5, $1.50 Battery Fee, and $2 lemon law fee. Total was MSRP PLUS $537.50.
5) Other comments- Tried to sell 2008 model even though inquiry specified 2009 model.

1) Atlanta, Georgia
2) Lou Sobh Pontiac-Buick-GMC, 770-941-0099, Tommy Poole Internet Manager
4) Quoted prices for 2008 models, both of which were the SLT1 :sosad: Later replied could not get prices on 2009 model.
5) Other comments- Pay attention- when I inquire about a specific 2009 model, I don't want a 2008. Said could take 20 weeks to order 2009 model.

1) Tampa, Florida
2) Century Pontiac Buick GMC KIA, 813-872-7746, Bill Boyd Sales Consultant
4) Quoted $40,570 plus a $499 dealer fee, for MSRP PLUS $334.
5) Other comments- I was born at night, but it wasn't last night. :)

1) Tallahassee, Florida
2) University Pontiac-Buick-GMC, omitted due to in person visit
4) Never got a price. See comments.
5) Other comments- Where to begin? Salesman started off with a "4 square" sale sheet (see Edmunds.com "Confessions of a car salesman for this), first question was "How do you want the vehicle titled?", never got a price from them even though I had given him a printed list with all prices and options/codes. Salesman made 2x trips to manager, and eventually said they could order one, but still no price. I offered the analogy of him going to Sears to buy a TV & being told he could order one, but at an uncertain price & asked if he would do so. No answer, bailed out the door at this point. Witnessed a couple in the next cubicle getting worked over pretty good while we were there.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Stay away from Century Buick GMC in Tampa!!!! They over price PLUS all their cars are poorly washed by people they pay minimum wage and leave swirls on the cars paint finishes!!! They have the famously "Dealer fees" that they claim is Their only profit after ripping people off! They withold information if the "new" vehicle gets dented and fixed, and lie about their "demo" vehicles are only being used by dealer execs and not loaned out to any joe blow with a warrantee fix that drives em like a rental! James Rivard and Ferman are more ethical dealers to seek a deal with. Trust me folks, very seldom do I make claims like these, but it happens at this dealer! I'm a consumer not a disgruntled ex employee.

·
Registered
1 Posts
New guy here. Pretty unused section of the forum so thought I would shoot some life into it. Purchased my Acadia SLT 2 2007 from Vestal GMC in Kernersville here in NC. and they where great to us. Fair price on both my trade in and purchase. They even put a new set of Cooper destination tires on for us. It only had 18k on the vehicle to begin with.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.