GMC Acadia Forum banner
21 - 40 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
347 Posts
Re: Good Chicago Area Dealers?

Bseemore,
I tried to contact the guys you recommended, but I just couldn't bring myself to drive all the way there from Chicago. Perhaps later I will discover that I would have been better off (I mean, look at the deal C Traz got after driving an hour!) ;D

C Traz,
Seems like you made a wise choice. Even the thing about the Advanced Remote AND color coordinated splashguards all for $200.00 is beyond belief. You're my hero when it comes to finding a good deal! ;) ;D

So far it looks like Grossinger has the "inside track". I have not heard of a dealer that has even come close to the way C Traz describes their experience. :clap2:

Anyone got a similar story to tell?

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
Re: Good Chicago Area Dealers?

I had very good experiences at these two dealers.
Even though they knew we were not buying at the time,
they still treated us like "buying" cutomers.

I will buy from one of these two dealers when the time comes:

1. Castle Buick, Pontiac, GMC in North Riverside
2. Ettelson Cadillac Pontiac, GMC in countryside.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Re: Good Chicago Area Dealers? - UPDATED

Ok, well I did it. I bought a 2008 SLT2 AWD loaded...and I mean loaded. It was a demo with about 10K miles on it. After tax, title, and fees the final negotiated price was $35K. Rate is 5.9% and got 3K for my trade, not too shabby. I was going to hold out for the 09 but I couldn't pass this one up...

·
Registered
66 Posts
recommended dealers

I had a great experience at Ed Martin GMC in Indy, Carmel, area.....Lot of selection and many colors. quite a few 08's left too.

·
Premium Member
3,374 Posts
Info from member kweb325:

Purchase Date: October 24, 2008
Car Dealership: Donovan Auto & Truck Center, Wichita, KS
Model Year: 2009
Trim Level: FWD SLE
Options: *Convenience Package
-Remote Start
-Heated Wiper Fluid Not Installed
*Preferred Package
-Pwr Seats, etc.
*7 Pass Seating
*Trailering Package
*2-Way Advanced Remote Start
*Carbon Black Metallic
*Spare Tire and Wheel
MSRP: $35,575.00
Invoice: $33,365.55 (Printout from dealer. Includes dealer holdback of $1045.00 & advertising of $348.40)
Incentives received: $500.00 Rebate
Price after incentives: $33,000.00
Administrative Fee: $79.50 (Covers Title, Documents, 30-day tag, etc.)
Sales Tax @ 6.9%: $2084.01
Total: $35,663.51
Edmunds TMV: $33,927.00

Note: The normal MSRP for the convenience package is $275.00. The convenience package on this Acadia is $195.00 due to the
heated wiper fluid delete.

·
Registered
93 Posts
I live in Powell too and plan on ordering a White Diamond Acadia from Dan Tobin soon. It is a small world.

·
Registered
110 Posts
thats pretty funny...
We picked up ours a couple of weeks ago. Andy was great. Definately knows the acadia... (he has one too). My neighbor went down there today too after seeing ours.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Anyone have a feedback for Castle in Riverside?

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
I went with Ettelson in Countryside over Castle, but for no particular reason.
Just a better "feeling".

They were big time jerks at:
MIKE HAGGERTY PONTIAC-BUICK-GMC TRUCK, INC.[/color] :angryfire:

Do a search on BBB better business beru. website
It's a good resource!

·
Premium Member
2,577 Posts
Copperhead13 said:
I went with Ettelson in Countryside over Castle, but for no particular reason.
Just a better "feeling".

They were big time jerks at:
MIKE HAGGERTY PONTIAC-BUICK-GMC TRUCK, INC.[/color] :angryfire:

Do a search on BBB better business beru. website
It's a good resource!
What a coincidence that another forum member here recently got the run-around with that dealership. How do these people stay in business with practices like theirs?

·
Premium Member
14,870 Posts
They stay in business because people are not informed of their slick practices; hopefully this forum and this topic will educate people about them

·
Registered
23 Posts
There hasn't been alot of talk on this board in awhile, so I will try to rekindle the flame. For the person that had a great experience at Grossinger... I think you were 1 in a million. To make a REALLY long story short, they had no explanation for $170 per month extra that their calculator had that my Blackberry simple interest calculator didn't. I originally was looking for a used Acadia. They had an '08 AWD with 16k miles. They wanted 729/mo for 72 months!!!! Are they insane??? How is it that I qualified for 0% GMAC financing at one dealership and Grossinger wanted to get me for 24.59%? They are absolute crooks! So, I am paying almost $200 a month less for 60 months and my Acadia is brand new. Something isn't right there. :crazy:

As for the person asking about Castle in Riverside... they had over 75 Acadias on hand. However, I was turned off a little by the gangbanger salesman that didn't know the rebates/incentives and the fact that the President's Day sale was still going on. I like to be as knowledgeable as the salesman... but if I'm more knowledgeable... that says something.

I settled with Steve Napleton in Schaumburg. I dropped my wife and kid off at Ikea and went to buy a car. I walked in and drove out in less than two hours. It was a great experience.

·
Premium Member
14,870 Posts
big10purdue said:
There hasn't been alot of talk on this board in awhile, so I will try to rekindle the flame. For the person that had a great experience at Grossinger... I think you were 1 in a million. To make a REALLY long story short, they had no explanation for $170 per month extra that their calculator had that my Blackberry simple interest calculator didn't. I originally was looking for a used Acadia. They had an '08 AWD with 16k miles. They wanted 729/mo for 72 months!!!! Are they insane??? How is it that I qualified for 0% GMAC financing at one dealership and Grossinger wanted to get me for 24.59%? They are absolute crooks! So, I am paying almost $200 a month less for 60 months and my Acadia is brand new. Something isn't right there. :crazy:

As for the person asking about Castle in Riverside... they had over 75 Acadias on hand. However, I was turned off a little by the gangbanger salesman that didn't know the rebates/incentives and the fact that the President's Day sale was still going on. I like to be as knowledgeable as the salesman... but if I'm more knowledgeable... that says something.

I settled with Steve Napleton in Schaumburg. I dropped my wife and kid off at Ikea and went to buy a car. I walked in and drove out in less than two hours. It was a great experience.
Again I have to bring up the issue of dealership consistency. If I saw the "gangbanger" salesman I would have turned around and walked away; especially if he didn't know anything about rebates/incentives. Unfortunately visual image is the first thing a customer sees; I would prefer to see someone "professional looking".

·
Premium Member
3,374 Posts
big10purdue said:
...I like to be as knowledgeable as the salesman... but if I'm more knowledgeable... that says something.
Welcome to the club. This usually insures you will find a better deal, which you did. :thumb:

·
Registered
4 Posts
I had a easy and stress free experience at Schepel Buick Pontiac GMC in Merrillville, IN. One day I went there and test drove the Acadia to see if I liked how it drove as much as I liked how it looked and did the rest of the negotiations over e-mail. In March they had an additional $1500 off of old stock in which my salesman Nick quickly gave me a list of the vehicles they had that fit that criteria. I found during my constant search over the internet that there was also extra money that the manufactor was giving dealers to "help make the sell if up to a $1000 was needed to do it". Not exact wording, but close.

Sticker price of my vehicle was $34,820 and my end price, before taxes and fees, was $27,244. I also got the 0% for 60 months. My lease was to end in April so I qualified for $2000 lease cash, $1500 old inventory money, and extra $1000 (the money I listed above) and also got the vehicle for $800 under invoice. I called my salesman on a Sunday and let him know I would be in on monday to make the purchase. I waited about 15 minutes for the finance guy to do whatever he had to do, but once I got into his office it took only about "5 Mins" to sign all the paperwork and get my car keys. The only thing they tried to "upsale" me on was some tire protection plan. I quickly said No and he said that it was mandatory (dealer policy I'm assuming) for him to at least ask. The longest part was having to sign into OnStar before I left.

So again, I would recommend Schepel GMC in Merrillville, Indiana.

And I see from earlier post that people are stating where they live. I live in Saint John, Indiana (lake county)

·
Premium Member
14,870 Posts
It's refreshing to see that a member has a good experience at a dealership. I also turned down the tire plan and paintless dent repair; overall I also had a good experience.

·
Registered
6,233 Posts
I had terrific service from DeMassi GMC in NJ - until they went out of business about one month ago. :mad:

·
Registered
2 Posts
2009 Acadia SLT2 AWD, Carbon Black
49K was sticker
Bought for 41K
Brand New, no mileage.
I am not a GM Employee, but price has to be close.
Tom Kelly GMC
Fort Wayne Indiana
Dan Roller - Salesman
Recommend Danny to anyone.

21 - 40 of 42 Posts