GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wanted to cross post from the Enclave forum concerning the great experience I had with the dealer I used for my purchase. See enclave post:

http://www.enclaveforum.net/index.php?topic=3280.0

This dealer is also a GMC dealer. Grossinger Autoplex in Lincolnwood, Illinois. Great dealer and salesman, Jonathan Moscovitch (847-674-9000). Very easy to work with and very infomative. No BS in coming up with a price you can be happy with. Picked up my loaded Enclave below invoice. Check them out if you live near and are interested in an Acadia. Ask for Jonathan. They have a $500.00 coupon on there website you can print up and take into the dealership.

CT

·
Premium Member
3,374 Posts
Re: Are you looking for a good Chicago area dealer?

I think detnick needs this info!

It would be nice to have a master list of dealers, perhaps on the region boards, to see what type of pricing everyone is getting, so prospects know where to shop.

·
Registered
347 Posts

Blue_2009_SLT2
C Traz
I just happened to pull up this posting. Thanks for the information . . . and keeping me in mind. I was in contact with a dealer suggested by BiggieBoy, who I may decide to work with. Barring that, I will definitely keep Grossinger Autoplex in Lincolnwood on my radar. ;D

Again, thanks guys for your consideration! :D

·
Registered
69 Posts

thanks for the info. I have been dealing with Hagerty GMC, which has been good, if that deal falls through I will try Grossinger.

·
Premium Member
3,374 Posts
This is an idea to share the best or worst deals we have gotten on our Acadias so that others may use them as either a benchmark to negotiate their own deal or to buy from the listed dealer. If done properly, this will save our fellow forum members a lot of time shopping dealers. Members can then search in their region forum for a dealer by name or by city.

Please utilize the following format when posting here:

1) City & State & date of purchase (month/year is fine)
2) Name of dealer & phone # or contact info (name of salesman or Internet manager)
3) Year, type (FWD or AWD), & model (SLE/SLT1/SLT2) of Acadia purchased & options.
4) Price paid as it relates to Edmunds.com invoice- include ALL dealer fees, but not tax or trade-in value. Please only list prices “anyone” can get. This EXCLUDES GM Employee, buying club, credit union, etc.
5) Other comments- got a good price on my trade in, the sales people were very knowledgeable, etc.

Examples:
1) Nonexistent, Nameofstate, July 2008
2) James Smith Pontiac-Buick-GMC, 888-555-1234, Internet Manager John Doe
3) 2009 FWD SLT2 with nav, rear DVD, remote start
4) Paid $39,999 with all fees. Edmunds invoice was $39,899, so I paid $100 over invoice.
5) The dealer was able to order right away. They gave me 1,000 less than average wholesale on my trade.

1) Nonexistent, Nameofstate, July 2008
2) James Smith Pontiac-Buick-GMC, 888-555-1234, Internet Manager John Doe
3) 2009 FWD SLT2 with nav, rear DVD, remote start
4) Did not buy. Dealer would not come off of MSRP of $42,123..
5) The salesperson was aloof and uninformed as to their product. They insisted I finance through them before they would do any negotiating.

·
Premium Member
2,577 Posts
I guess I'll share first in the Midwest...

1) Gurnee, IL (March 2007)

2) Anthony Pontiac Buick GMC; 7225 Grand Ave., Gurnee, IL 60031; 800-619-8774 | 847-856-3030

3) 2007 FWD SLE, Red Jewel Tintcoat, Ebony Cloth, Power Seats, Trailering Package

4) Paid $30,585; Edmunds invoice was .. I dunno, it won't let me look it up for an '07. It's $30,062 for an '08 with these options.

5) Other comments: The salespeople were very understanding and worked to locate an Acadia that met my needs and fit my budget. I feel I got a decent offer on my trade-in. Most of the service dept. at this dealership are friendly, helpful and knowledgeable. I'd certainly recommend them. :)

·
Registered
11 Posts
Good Chicago Area Dealers?

I've narrowed it down to either the 09 Acadia or the Traverse. Been to all the Chicago area GMC dealers, some were pushy and some were nice to work with and some will not stop calling me!!! Anyway, I don't want to flame any dealers in public but if you could provide me with some good dealers in the area that would really help. I think I know who "J" is in the Detnick posts.

Thanks!
K

·
Registered
117 Posts
Re: Good Chicago Area Dealers?

quadrozep said:
I've narrowed it down to either the 09 Acadia or the Traverse. Been to all the Chicago area GMC dealers, some were pushy and some were nice to work with and some will not stop calling me!!! Anyway, I don't want to flame any dealers in public but if you could provide me with some good dealers in the area that would really help. I think I know who "J" is in the Detnick posts.

Thanks!
K

Sent you a PM :cheers:

·
Registered
347 Posts

The guys on here, including BiggieBoy and others, have been great about helping me find good dealerships in the Chicago Area. After communicating with them I discovered I had several options.

:soapbox:
As you were aware I had some issues with my first dealer. That cost me considerable time, money and aggrevation when all things are taken into account. But now I feel much better about having decided to move on and try a different dealer. There is still a possibility that in the final analysis this deal may not work (a last minute "change" in the figures or issues raised by the dealer that would queer this deal). And, if that happens (although I really don't expect it) I would still walk away from it and find still another dealer with whom I could work.

Why? Because no reasonable person would accept the responsiblity and the cost of paying for a $ 45,000 + vehicle without being afforded a certain amount of basic consideration before it's built, during it's production, and at time of delivery (something as simple as treating you like you are not stupid or an idiot). That amount of money to most people is a considerable sum, regardless of how it is paid. Most people are not independently wealthy and are not willing to just throw away that money while being manipulated during the deal and then marginalized when the deal is done. ??? :mad:

The topic I recently started (Order, Build, Delivery, Prep, Trade-In and Closing Saga -(http://www.acadiaforum.net/forum/index.php?topic=4266) is a running narrative of my experience with the mysterious Salesperson "J", who is someone you guys may already know, and his/her dealership. This exercise is merely a way for me to share my personal experience with a car dealership and it's personnel. They have been touted by several of our membership as "straight shooters", "fair", and "reasonable". What more could a prospective Acadia customer want? ;D
I really don't expect many of the new or prospective Acadia owners to sit around and examine my posts on this topic with baited breath, or use it to decide whether or not they will actually patronize this particular dealer or salesperson. This may be a long process because it should cover the entire string of issues until we actually drive away in our newly arrived and preped 2009 Acadia. But, hopefully it will shed some light on one person's experience and help someone who is "sitting on the fence". ;)

·
Registered
195 Posts

quadrozep said:

Thanks!
K
I also sent you a PM with info on my dealer.

·
Registered
2 Posts

Bees, can you send me a pm on the good dealers in the area? Im out in the Geneva, just west of the fox river and Im looking to have a no haggle deal in the near future. My most recent purchase of an 09 Infiniti M35x was done all through emails, and I would like the same for an Acadia purchase. Thanks in advance, Kevin

·
Registered
11 Posts

Thanks for the good info everyone...ironically I've had about 4 calls today from GMC dealers in the area. Sounds like it's slim pickings on the 08's now for the most part. 1 dealer had a LT2 for about 39K...didn't hear exactly what was NOT included.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

Received a great deal on my 2009 Enclave at Grossinger Autoplex up in Lincolnwood. They also have GMC, Cadillac, Pontiac. I live in Aurora, but it was well worth the trip. Got my Enclave for about $900.00 below invoice. :cheers: Ask for sales consultant Jonathan Moscovitch. He is the #1 or 2 GM salesman in the country.

CT

·
Registered
347 Posts

Wow!!! :thumb: $900.00 below invoice is incredible! :eek: :eek: That sounds like the best deal I have heard so far on the 2009 models. Congrats !!!
My "deal" couldn't begin to top that. Besides, my final bottom line figures (after the trade-in) have not come out yet, so I won't try to make a comparison. Either way though that sounds like an exceptional purchase. ;D

Enjoy! :thumb:

·
Registered
195 Posts

C Traz said:
Received a great deal on my 2009 Enclave at Grossinger Autoplex up in Lincolnwood. They also have GMC, Cadillac, Pontiac. I live in Aurora, but it was well worth the trip. Got my Enclave for about $900.00 below invoice. :cheers: Ask for sales consultant Jonathan Moscovitch. He is the #1 or 2 GM salesman in the country.

CT
I'm curious. What did you pay in fees (ad, doc, etc) and what is the sales tax rate in Lincolnwood? I want to compare this to what I paid in Kankakee county about 60 miles to the south of you.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·

bseemore,

On my invoice worksheet, I paid 1) $150.00 doc fee, 2) $168.00 for license, title, and registration fee, and 3) zero dollars for ad fee. I was charged sales tax of 7.25% which is the tax rate for DuPage county since that's where I live.

CT

·
Registered
347 Posts

C Traz,
It seems like you got a real good deal as well. I'm guessing that you may have heard about how high the taxes are in Cook County (Chicago), so you are fortunate to be able to avoid paying all of that. We, of course, are bound to pay additional fees just because we reside in Chicago. The city has the suburbs add the taxes to vehicles we buy outside of Chicago to ensure that they get their money. The county does essentially the same, and they have two seperate taxes - one is the "regular tax" and the other is what they call the "use tax". ??? :confused: If the dealerships somehow avoid charging the additional taxes to Chicago residents, the information is still provided to City Hall and the Department of Revenue, who in turn sends you a bill. What a croc! :sosad:
Man, what a rip off . . . :angryfire:

If there was a way we could make a purchase in another county in order to avoid all of that . . . AND the advertising fees would have been great! ;)

·
Registered
195 Posts

C Traz said:
bseemore,

On my invoice worksheet, I paid 1) $150.00 doc fee, 2) $168.00 for license, title, and registration fee, and 3) zero dollars for ad fee. I was charged sales tax of 7.25% which is the tax rate for DuPage county since that's where I live.

CT
I think you got a terrific deal with no ad fees, which is what a dealer in Matteson was pushing on us + a 2% higher tax rate. I'm very pleased with my deal as well down here in the sticks. :thumb:

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·

I feel very fortunate/lucky to get the deal I did. :thumb: Maybe I was in the right place at the right time. I originally was on my way to a different dealer to place my order for a Dark Crimson Enclave that I had already negotiated a price for thru e-mail when I called ahead to let my salesman know I was coming. Well the receptionist said that he had taken the day off. I was bummed out and in the mood to look at cars that day so I thought I would try to track down a Silver Green Enclave just so I could see the color in person. I didn't want to see it later and regret not getting that color. I went online, and only Grossinger Autoplex had a Silver Green Enclave on their lot in the whole Chicago area. I made the hour drive to check it out, fell in love with the color and they made me the deal I couldn't pass up. They even offered to let me take the car home for the weekend so I could show my wife and make sure she liked the color also. You can't beat that!! I even negotiated for 4 color coordinated splash guards, and two 2-way advanced remotes for a total of $200.00 including installation. :blob:

My salesman was great and continues to be when I e-mail and ask questions about the Enclave. Now I have to decide if I want to drive an hour for service or go to the Buick dealer that's 5 minutes from my house. They're not even the original dealer I was going to order the Crimson Clave from. They never impressed my from day one as far as their knowledge of the Enclave. I seemed to tell them more than they knew...thanks to these forums!! :cheers:

1 - 20 of 42 Posts