GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
683 Posts

·
Registered
207 Posts
Griots is here in town. He is actually my neighbor 2 streets over.

·
Registered
112 Posts
i'm 6'3" and still need a step ladder!

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
If you are not very tall, then you won't see the dirt and not need to clean it. (Kinda like the top of the refrigerator.) :)

Really though. I bought a 3 step folding stool that I keep in the garage. It's light and I can move it around the car as I clean/wax it. I wonder what people who have the real SUVs that are even higher do??

·
Registered
51 Posts
I open the doors one by one and stand on the sills to wash the roof. Of course I close the doors when I rinse it down. Unfortunately there's nothing to stand on at the back bumper. At 6'1" I can just barely reach back to the antenna from the rear doors. I can get the top of the rear spoiler and a few inches forward from the ground.

I'm too lazy to haul out a step ladder.

·
Registered
22 Posts
For washing I have a telescoping pole with some microfiber "strips" at the end. It looks like a mop. I don't recall where I got it since I've had it for a couple of years. I still have to stand on a ladder/stepstool, but the pole helps so I don't have to move the ladder around too much. I can pretty much get to the entire roof with only moving the ladder once or twice. I imagine if you're taller, you might be able to stand and use it.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Target sells a telescoping cloth bristle mop type instrument that plugs into your hose. I use this with a stepladder for the windshield and the roof. Works great. DIY's can prolly rig something with a wooden stick and a microfiber towel.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts