GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
894 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have Lexol wipes and spray. I sthat good orshould something else be used lik esoap and water?

·
Registered
497 Posts
There's both Lexol leather cleaner and leather conditioner. I think they both come in wipes and spray. Personally, I wouldn't use soap and water. Will dry out the leather. Also, if you use the spray, make sure you use a white or neutral color cloth to wipe with, as you don't want any dye transfer.

·
Premium Member
1,762 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
NY_Joe said:
I have Lexol wipes and spray. I sthat good orshould something else be used lik esoap and water?
I love the look of the titanium leather, however I worry about it because I have two kids (8 & 6) and a miniature schnauzer who loves to ride in the car (he's mad because I haven't let him in the Acadia yet). I've never heard of Lexol. Where do you buy it?

·
Registered
497 Posts
I think you can get Lexol products at many good auto parts/supply stores, maybe other places like Target, Lowes, or Home Depot (but not 100% sure). Zymol products generally have to be mail ordered, I think. I believe Armor-All (sp?) makes a leather cleaner wipe variety as well.

·
Registered
80 Posts
I haven't used the ones described here, but I have used one that gets everything out and does not dry out the leather.

It's called "Mothers" Leather Cleaner.

www.mothers.com then navigate to ....Products...Interior Care. All of their products just work as advertised (Wax, Wheeel cleaners, if they sell it....it really works.) We have many stores in New England who carry their products ut you can buy online too with the link at the top of the web-page.

·
Registered
497 Posts
Great to learn about new products. Thanks.

·
Registered
524 Posts
So I drove up to Seattle last night for the Ball Game, yes we did win :cheers:, anyway, I wore a 6 months old pair of black Levi's. When I got in the car this morning I noticed that my beautiful Titanium seats were a bit dirty. I immediately new it was dye from my pants. I was a little bummed out thinking I was in for a miserable time trying to keep them clean, and perhaps I may have soiled them permanently. After a wipe down with a DAMP washcloth they look good as new.

I will apply some Lexol in a few days, and most likely throw away all my black Levis. ;)

Dan

·
Registered
403 Posts
Ah, the reason I went with Ebony on my order. :blob:

·
Registered
681 Posts
Lexol makes some very good leather products, this is all I will use :thumb: (will not use Armor All products - have not tried Mothers). You can get the Leather Cleaner and Conditioner products at Wal Mart.

·
Registered
659 Posts
In my experience Lexol's cleaner is mediocre at best. I have just not found it to be very capable at cleaning light colors. Mother's leather cleaner is more effective. Overall, I prefer leather products from a company called Spinneybeck, for exteremely light colored leathers. Their cleaner conditioner package leaves a more matte finish, (similar to original) than most of the more commercial products which are geared to a glossy, shiny finish. I particularly do not care for the glossy look that Lexol leaves, but there's no accouning for taste. FWIW, one of my other cars, has an exteremly light gray, almost white (called silver) colored leather that I have used Spinneybeck on for five years (with kids) and it still looks great, like new.

·
Registered
681 Posts
I'll have to give Mother's a try, I never really felt that Lexol left a glossy look or feel, I usually use the cleaner first and then apply the conditioner and really buff it out when it dries.

·
Registered
261 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Try Meguiars leather conditioner and cleaner. I've been using it in my other car for over 7 years and the leather still looks new. BTW--the car stays parked outside in the Georgia heat. :angryfire:

·
Registered
41 Posts
All this talk of stains/Levi's/etc. makes me glad I got the ebony interior. I am a Starbucks Junkie and hav an eight year old.

I assume these cleaners would work well on ebony leather surfaces too?

Got my Acadia 17 hours and 23 minutes ago - LOVE IT! :cheers:

·
Registered
48 Posts
cybergroove said:
Has anyone tried the Sonus Leather Cleaner? Or in that matter any Sonus products?
Sonus make some good car care products, but I don't care for their leather care products...they have too much of a chemical smell for me.

The best conditioners that I've used are Zaino, Pinnacle and Wolfgang. All 3 have a great leather smell and leave a nice, non slick surface on the leather.

For cleaners I use a mixture of Woolite/water (1:10 ratio) - it is a great all around interior cleaner:

Here is a side by side of an armrest using woolite/water:

1 - 20 of 22 Posts