GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 71 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is the best floor mats/liners to install? I live near St. Louis & it snows at times. My Acadia will have the 2nd & 3rd seats folded down 95% of the time. I have looked at the Hexomat, Husky, GMC, & Weathertech.

I would like to have a cargo liner that would also cover the 2nd bench seat when it is folded down, but I can't seem to source one.

I did call Weathertech & the salesperson said that the cargo liner can be rolled up if I neeed to pop up the 3rd seat but does not cover the 2nd seat if dropped.

Is the Weathertech floor liners the best?

Pat

·
Registered
22 Posts
I haven't bought my mats yet because I can't quite decide what to do about the second row, but from what I can tell the Weathertech seem to have the best coverage of the first row. Their second row mats don't seem to cover as well because of the sliders. I have not seen a mat for the entire back including the second row down. I personally am torn between weathertech and the OEM mat for the back. I like the way the GM mat folds, but I like the fact that the weathertech mat is color matched and has the lip.j

I'm not sure that helps at all, but just an opinion.

Acropolis

·
Registered
164 Posts
Old Timer said:
What is the best floor mats/liners to install? I live near St. Louis & it snows at times. My Acadia will have the 2nd & 3rd seats folded down 95% of the time. I have looked at the Hexomat, Husky, GMC, & Weathertech.

I would like to have a cargo liner that would also cover the 2nd bench seat when it is folded down, but I can't seem to source one.

I did call Weathertech & the salesperson said that the cargo liner can be rolled up if I neeed to pop up the 3rd seat but does not cover the 2nd seat if dropped.

Is the Weathertech floor liners the best?

Pat
I have the Weathertech floor mats for the front and they do a good job covering the floor. Passenger side covers more than the OEM mats. Drivers side has a little more cut off below the gas pedal than I think is necessary. They may have done that to be on the safe side so the gas pedal could never get hung up on the mat. The drivers mat could move around a little as it does not have the hole in it to fit the peg as does the factory mats. One man's opinion.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the input. I ordered the GMC set front, 2nd, 3rd, & cargo mat that covers the third seat down. They were $271.00 shipped from PartsIndustries an GM Dealer. They had a listing http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...=ADME:X:AAQ:US:11&viewitem=&item=170079966322 for $109.00 front & 2nd seat plus shipping. The salesperson Bob told me that the cargo mat was dropped shipped from Husky. I would say then the mats are made by Husky for GM.

Pat

·
Registered
15 Posts
I recently got the GMC mats and I am a little disappointed by two things:

a) the second row mats are two small mats that leave the center area unprotcted. The factory carpeted mat went all the way across so I don't know why they didn't build the rubber one the same way.

b) the third row mat has the holes to mate with the pegs in the wrong place! the mats seem like the right shape, but they don't lock in to place...

Anybody else experience either of these issues? I normally wouldn't complain much about floor mats but when you have to pay $250+ for them it would be nice if they actually fit properly.

·
Registered
44 Posts
HiBoost there are three different part #'s for the third row mat. One is for a 60/40 seat and the other two are for the captains chairs, one for the holes toward the front and the other for the holes in the back. It sounds like you got the wrong ones. Just go on the GM web site and you will see the part #'s

·
Registered
15 Posts
Vegas, Thanks! Do you have a link to whatever website you are looking at? The parts guys at my dealer have already scratched their heads on this one twice, if I go back a third time I'd like to just say "order p/n xxx" and not leave it up to chance.

On the second row, does that sound right that there is no rubber mat that goes all the way across like the carpeted one does?

Thanks!

·
Registered
44 Posts
It is the GMC web site, under Acadia accessories.

part# 19172555 - Captains chairs, retainer holes front edge Ebony
part# 17801315 - Captains chairs, retainer holes rear edge Ebony (this is the one I have)
part# 17801314 - Folding split rear bench, retainer holes on rear edge Ebony

Your parts guys have this info, maybe too lazy to pay attention

·
Registered
683 Posts
Is this the GMC mat that I keep seeing on the forum? Judging by the picture it looks to be big enough to cover the entire cargo area when the 3rd row is folded flat. I think it's the same one that folks were commenting about months ago that would tear apart at the fold. I'm only asking because the description from GMPartsDirect.com seems confusing. Here is the part number and description.

GM PART # 17800715
"This Cargo Area Mat fits perfectly behind[/color] the super-practical third-row of your Acadia. Easy to remove for cleaning, this mat has a deeply ribbed pattern, folds neatly for strorage and is available in ebony with the GMC logo."

Attachments

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have the mats for all three rows and the cargo mat. The cargo mat works great. Don't know of any mat that covers over the second row when down. You might be able to use two cargo mats to do the job. The front mats are just like the carpet mats. The third row is like the carpet mats. But the third row is two small pieces. Only covers part of the carpet. I have the second row bench. So anyone sitting in the middle has no rubber mat under their feet. This design stinks. Not sure why they didn't make them the same size as the mats like the rest of the rows. :banghead: ???

I am going to talk to my dealer today to see if there is any other option.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Go to autoupgrade.com The mats look different from the front GMC mats but they will cover all the way across for the second row seats and the mat I have for the third row goes al the way across also. i really never have anybody in the second or third seats but if I do I will have protection. When I lay all the seats down I just put some extra mats down that I kept from my truck and then when done I store them in the back

·
Registered
403 Posts
I got my all weather floor mats thrown in for "free" when I bought mine. Took the carpet mats out of the front to put down the all weather. I'll proably keep them that way all year. (One weird thing is that the water from my boots is still on the all weather mat when I return after work. That's kinda weird. I thought I have the infamous "leak" issue.)

Second row we got from the dealer is kinda wimpy, it is a small piece that only covers where your boots would be in the second row seats. I left the "weird shaped" second row carpet down. Third row we didn't receive all weather mats, so I kept the regular carpet.

I also have the tri-fold mat for the back, it works great, however it doesn't fold up "neatly", kinda bulky when you try to "fold it up", but it works and still fits behind the third row when used for passengers (I normally have mine flat). I think I got it at cost for $55ish...(It was actually "free" cause I got a $250 gift certificate to the parts shop when mine was a few weeks late upon delivery.)

·
Registered
683 Posts
Cravefan: Is the trifold mat you have the one I pictured above? So it does indeed go over the third row when it is laying flat? $55 is the price on GMParts Direct.

·
Registered
403 Posts
Yup, I think that's what I got mine for, $55. It does cover the third row very well, when they are down. Working great...

·
Registered
683 Posts
Thanks as always Cravefan! :thumb:

·
Registered
1 Posts
I went to autoupgrade.com and got some sort of web installation service :S after some searching I found them at autoupgrade.net. Great service and I loved my mats!

aajakt said:
Go to autoupgrade.com The mats look different from the front GMC mats but they will cover all the way across for the second row seats and the mat I have for the third row goes al the way across also. i really never have anybody in the second or third seats but if I do I will have protection. When I lay all the seats down I just put some extra mats down that I kept from my truck and then when done I store them in the back

·
Registered
812 Posts
which one is better the "rubbertite floor mats" by Lyods or the 'hexomats" by Husky?

·
Registered
113 Posts
Love the Hexomats from Autoupgrade...I did the hexomats rather than the rubberlites because they were more durable. Got the WeatherTech Floor liners for the front. Not real impressed with the fit of them but they do work good

·
Registered
8 Posts
Has anyone tried the all weather mats from GM? FRom GMpartsdirect?

1 - 20 of 71 Posts