GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
The first thing I will do is go to my dealer and see what they are currently offering. I would also normally check what product USAA has, but I am told that they "temporarily" do not have anything.

Right now I am looking for my wife's SRX, but next year my Acadia will be coming up for the second time. Currently the dealer offered policy on the Acadia was best.

A company named Endurance keeps coming up when I ask for rankings of auto warranty companies. I have never heard of them, but then again I have never before been searching either. Their top product (which they describe as bumper t bumper equivalent to new car warranty) would cost me $4,158 for 5 years.

Anybody have a favorite company they like?

George

·
Super Moderator
18,302 Posts
Their top product (which they describe as bumper t bumper equivalent to new car warranty) would cost me $4,158 for 5 years.
Gotta be careful with the B2B claim. Even though the coverage says "electrical components," you'd have to pay close attention to the contract - something not published on their site. It probably doesn't cover things like door locks, power windows, wipers, etc. Those components might be limited to engine/transmission sensors, injectors, coils, control modules, and such.

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The person I talked to on the telephone claimed it was everything except, tires, battery, wiper blades, etc. I have to see the written document first.. I have until Sept to work this problem, so am starting early.

George

·
Super Moderator
18,302 Posts
The person I talked to on the telephone claimed it was everything except, tires, battery, wiper blades, etc. I have to see the written document first.. I have until Sept to work this problem, so am starting early.
It's the "etc." you should be concerned about if you're looking for a supplement to the B2B warranty. Be sure to check out customer reviews, too. This site has some of interest: https://bestcompany.com/car-warranty/company/endurance There are others to check, too. I searched "endurance extended service plan contract complaints" and found a few sites you might want to peruse. Good luck.

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
It's the "etc." you should be concerned about if you're looking for a supplement to the B2B warranty. Be sure to check out customer reviews, too. This site has some of interest: https://bestcompany.com/car-warranty/company/endurance There are others to check, too. I searched "endurance extended service plan contract complaints" and found a few sites you might want to peruse. Good luck.

Thanks I will check those. I just read the best company link and it seems that they rate Endurance the best. I will continue checking then and actually read their policies.

George

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
I guess I would get my hands on the actual contract itself, first. Call them and have them mail.
The dealer supplemental extended warranty, the same.

·
Registered
930 Posts
I like the factory offered warranties. Shop around. I bought my vehicle at one dealer and got the policy at another, specifically James Black Cadillac. Not all states can offer a policy in all other states though.

·
Registered
1,829 Posts
I like the factory offered warranties. Shop around. I bought my vehicle at one dealer and got the policy at another, specifically James Black Cadillac. Not all states can offer a policy in all other states though.
+1 for Black Cadillac. Have used them in the past. Great prices and service.

·
Registered
167 Posts
The first thing I will do is go to my dealer and see what they are currently offering. I would also normally check what product USAA has, but I am told that they "temporarily" do not have anything.

Right now I am looking for my wife's SRX, but next year my Acadia will be coming up for the second time. Currently the dealer offered policy on the Acadia was best.

A company named Endurance keeps coming up when I ask for rankings of auto warranty companies. I have never heard of them, but then again I have never before been searching either. Their top product (which they describe as bumper t bumper equivalent to new car warranty) would cost me $4,158 for 5 years.

Anybody have a favorite company they like? Before I purchased the last vehicle, I asked my mechanic which ones they preferred and was told they nickel and dime them on labor and parts so they don't like any of them. He recommended going with a manufacturer warranty.

George
I am surprised that a GM dealer offers anything but a GM Protection Plan. When I bought my last vehicle, I am surprised that the dealer was only trying to push a wheel warranty. Before I purchased my last vehicle I asked my mechanic which warranty plan they prefer. The service adviser told me that the warranty companies nickel and dime them on parts and labor so they don't like any of them. He recommended sticking with the manufacturers warranty.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
About this Discussion
12 Replies
6 Participants
electbc
GMC Acadia Forum
Join our Acadia Forum community where enthusiasts discuss mods and troubleshooting for the GMC Acadia and Denali Crossover SUV.
Full Forum Listing