GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,762 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Let's start a discussion on what you guys use to dry your cars after a wash.

For my black G, I start by hitting it with my leaf blower to get water out of the cracks, then I use a Sonus MF Drying Towel (http://autopia-carcare.com/mf-200.html), which is awesome. What do you guys use to dry and how well does it work?

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
That is awesome!!! I had never thought about a leaf blower. What a great idea!!!!

·
Premium Member
894 Posts
I used the leaf blower before.

Since I got my house though I have invested in a compresser and a 25 ft hose mounted on a reel and a "firehose" nozzle.

Wash the car.

Rinse it with pressure.

Once the whole car is rinsed I open the nozzle to soak. Just a waterfall flow of water. Start at the top of the car and it saturates the area so much it chases the beads of water down the car. Using this process leaves very litlle water on the car.

Turn on the compressor and blow out the cracks with the air pressure and blow water off the rims.

Use an 'absorber' that is moist and wipe the remaining water off.

Follow up with a wipe with a Meguiars Microfiber yellow detailing towel. Above process leaves very little to wipe which is what you are striving for.

·
Registered
492 Posts
Don't tell anyone....but sometimes about 70 MPH gets the big stuff off and when back at the house a towel gets what that missed ::)

It helps to have open roads close to the casa. You get to air her out a little after a good bath.

In a strange kind of way..kind of like a dog runs around after a bath ;D woof woof

·
Registered
497 Posts
What I great use for the leaf blower. Not unlike the car wash.

·
Registered
380 Posts
One of the auto detailing shops sells a leaf blower style unit set up for cars, will try to find it. The Acadia has a huge surface area compared to the normal car, it would be good to have something! :hot:

·
Registered
76 Posts
Armor all car wash system. Doesn't leave any spots and I just wash it with a lambs wool mitt.---

·
Registered
25 Posts
NY_Joe said:
I used the leaf blower before.

Since I got my house though I have invested in a compresser and a 25 ft hose mounted on a reel and a "firehose" nozzle.

Wash the car.

Rinse it with pressure.

Once the whole car is rinsed I open the nozzle to soak. Just a waterfall flow of water. Start at the top of the car and it saturates the area so much it chases the beads of water down the car. Using this process leaves very litlle water on the car.

Turn on the compressor and blow out the cracks with the air pressure and blow water off the rims.

Use an 'absorber' that is moist and wipe the remaining water off.

Follow up with a wipe with a Meguiars Microfiber yellow detailing towel. Above process leaves very little to wipe which is what you are striving for.
That's what i usually do as well. The no nozzle trick is the easiest way to dry a car, with less standing water on the car, less water to dry off.

I use a large high quality microfiber towel to pickup any left over water.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts