GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2012 Acadia SLE
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone. I’m new here. I don’t know much about cars but I’ve recently changed my own oil for the first time...”thank you, thank you”...and what a difference it has made using a higher grade oil than that which you’d get at the dealer!
Now, I’m up for replacing my own engine air filter in my 2012 Acadia. Any preferences on best performing dry engine oil filters? I have read a lot about K & N filters, but I think I’ll play it safe and stay away from the oiled varieties.

Thank you for your assistance in advance.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Hi everyone. I’m new here. I don’t know much about cars but I’ve recently changed my own oil for the first time...”thank you, thank you”...and what a difference it has made using a higher grade oil than that which you’d get at the dealer!
Now, I’m up for replacing my own engine air filter in my 2012 Acadia. Any preferences on best performing dry engine oil filters? I have read a lot about K & N filters, but I think I’ll play it safe and stay away from the oiled varieties.

Thank you for your assistance in advance.
Use OEM or similar. Lambda Acadias are sensitive to air needs and the K&N washable filters can restrict airflow in certain instances and cause issues.

I'm not sure why, and if anyone more knowledgeable would care to chime in that'd be great, but I wonder if it's because of the fairly high compression in these engines and if the mix gets a little off it can trigger a misfire.

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
Just stick with a good paper filter IMO

·
Registered
2012 Acadia SLE
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Save yourself a couple of bucks and pick one up from your local auto parts store.
Took your advice. Grabbed an original AC Delco replacement from O’Reilly Auto Parts (but Auto Zone tried to push their STP Premium Performance on me pretty hard!) Oh, and definitely needed a flexible extender to reach that bottom right one!) And, done!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts