GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So just about daily my wife and I have to have a little conversation about how much we love the Acadia. We discuss Acadia sightings, and who we talked about the Acadia with that day.

I have stopped referring to it as our Acadia, now when people ask me about how I like the Acadia, I always respond with, "Oh, you mean the best car ever."

I liked all my previous cars, loved some of them-- but never felt as happy and satisfied with a car as with this one. The nearest parallel my wife and I think there is to the Acadia is how we felt about TiVo and how you have to have one of those, and if you don't, then you won't understand how great it is.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I would have to agree with that 100%. When we asked my wife if she could drive it for at least 4 or 5 years before she got bored of it, she said, "I plan on driving this until it won't go anymore, and then you will fix it, and the kids will drive it...

Anyway, with all of the technology in this thing, I think it will be a while before there is a vehicle with something on it that I am jealous of...

Also, the TiVo note really hit home. We don't have "tivo", but we do have a Dish Network DVR, and that thing has been life changing. That is the way this car is for us. We only need one car if there are six of us (we had a corrolla and a grand cherokee before). And there is no more following people when we go to vegas(we go about once a month) and trying to guess where the cross street I want is. I can just put it in the NAV and everyone is in the same car so it is bulletproof traveling from now on...

·
Registered
218 Posts
I don't think I have ever seen so much passion for a vehicle. I love it! :blob:

·
Registered
6,695 Posts
The love of the vehicle is not just from owners. Was sitting in my Acadia in a parking lot waiting for my wife and I noticed a stranger staring at me. When I looked his way he said to me, "that's some beautiful vehicle"!!!

·
Registered
123 Posts
Hehe, great Tivo analogy. This IS a wonderful "car." It's strange- sometimes I'll purposely drive my second car so as not to add miles and wear and tear to the Acadia. Gorgeous vehicle, great features.

·
Premium Member
894 Posts
charge said:
Hehe, great Tivo analogy. This IS a wonderful "car." It's strange- sometimes I'll purposely drive my second car so as not to add miles and wear and tear to the Acadia. Gorgeous vehicle, great features.
See , I do the reverse. My Passat feels like I have abandoned it. I will tak eit to Mohegan Sun this weekend so it feels better. :)

·
Premium Member
894 Posts
TMMAR said:
The love of the vehicle is not just from owners. Was sitting in my Acadia in a parking lot waiting for my wife and I noticed a stranger staring at me. When I looked his way he said to me, "that's some beautiful vehicle"!!!
Haha. I got the same thing at a gas station.

Funy part of the story was what the guy said. He said.." That is some sharp looking ride brotha." This was from a 60 yr old black guy getting out of his equally sharp Caddy.

My wife had the window down and heard it. My wife is black and I am white. When I get back in I had the grin on and she said.."oh, your a brotha now?" Joking of course I told her.."Well, you know how I roll. Got to stay true to my peeps."

After a pause, she started hysterical laughing. She said.."What is this car doing to you?!?!"

Background on my wife...she grew up in public housing but has evolved into a Long Island snob so, contrary to her, she is the farthest thing "from the hood." We joke about it allthe time. When she tries to say slang saying and stuff she just sounds silly. i guess its our little joke.

·
Premium Member
1,762 Posts
NY_Joe said:
When I get back in I had the grin on and she said.."oh, your a brotha now?" Joking of course I told her.."Well, you know how I roll. Got to stay true to my peeps."
You got your own style! But I know you're just keepin' it real...

·
Registered
125 Posts
Its been a few weeks since I'd driven one, but we drove one this afternoon when we ordered a 2008 model. I was reminded again how much the steering wheel feels like a race car. Its just so darn FUN to drive it, nice little giddy-up, tight turning radius (have NO IDEA what all the reviews about wide turning radius are about), overall just awesome. This could be a long 2 month wait... :help:

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
Wife and I marvel over the comfort, room, mpg, and style this vehicle has! Yes, we are on the lookout for others we see and the fantistic choice they made. Yesterday we parked next to a Lexus, same color, at the local nursery....
ours was soooo much better looking, especially with chrome plated tip dual exhaust! :blob: Toottle loo

·
Registered
50 Posts
Add me to "the best car ever" list. I too am a "volunteer" doing promotional work for GMC. It's a daily occurence, with people of all ages, races, and sexual preference wanting to know about "Smokey". He's a rock star!!! ;D

·
Registered
164 Posts
Sorry to spoil the love fest but the Acadia is not my BEST...CAR...EVER.

·
Registered
405 Posts
Nu2GMC said:
Whats yours

Don't get me wrong i LOVE my acadia but my best car ever has got to be my Yukon XL.

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
For us that upgraded from simple passenger automobile to our Acadia's, I think we all conclude this is the BEST!
Right out there?

·
Premium Member
894 Posts
Nu2GMC said:
Was it your fridge on wheels..the Hemi...the 300C?

Nice car, nice power, challenged inthe looks dept

·
Registered
110 Posts
I still put my G35 coupe ahead of the Acadia, but that is because I'm more of a sports car guy. I do love my Acadia though.

·
Registered
164 Posts
NY_Joe said:
Nu2GMC said:
Was it your fridge on wheels..the Hemi...the 300C?

Nice car, nice power, challenged inthe looks dept
The 300C was a better car and so was the 03' Cadillac SLS I have previuosly owned. The Acadia is better than the 05' Ford Five Hundred LTD AWD I had...that car was a major mistake. The Acadia does make a better hunting rig than the Chrysler. Also the compliments probably ran 10 to 1 in favor of the Chrysler compared to my GMC. Congratulations to those who feel their Acadia is the best they have ever owned. I beg to differ. There are a jillion cars out there that are better than anything I've ever owned or hope to own. Everyone has a right to their opinion. :thumb:

·
Registered
41 Posts
I think my 9 year old daughter put it best. She and I went to the dealer and took a test drive. Of course, it had a DVD player, sunroof, etc.

I asked her "How do you like it"? Her reply - "I don't - I LOVE IT!"

That of course did the trick for me too.

When people ask me if I like my new Acadia, I give the same answer - I don't..... I LOVE IT!

Best new vehicle GM has put out in years, in my opinion, and I have owned 2 Denalis. :blob: :blob:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts