GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First, I'd like to say that this is a wonderful forum! I've been reviewing this website for the last several weeks and it helped me to finalize my decision to buy a new Acadia. I was test driving the Acadia and the new Mazda CX-9. The CX-9 was nice but it was much smaller than the Acadia. The Acadia drove so smoothly and the ride was very quiet. With having 3 kids, the Acadia made more sense to us. I was a little nervous buying an American-made car as I have always owned Japanese cars. Reading this forum really helped me feel better about buying a GMC vehicle.

I went to the dealership on Thursday evening to order my Acadia. We wanted Carbon Metallic/Ebony Leather/SLT-2/DVD/HUD/Dual Sunroofs. As I started my order with the Inventory Manager, he mentioned that a couple from Tennessee just called and wanted the last Medium Brown Acadia that was on the lot. I would have taken this one but it didn't have the Sunroofs (which was a must with me). In turn, the Tennessee Dealership had a Carbon Metallic/SLT-2/DVD/NAV/19" wheels/Sunroofs/HID which just came in and they offered it as a trade to my dealership for the Medium Brown one. Even though this Acadia had more things on it than we wanted, we decided to grab it anyway. The choice was to order and wait the 6-10 weeks or take this one. It was an easy decision :) . The only downside was that they hired a driver to drive the car from Knoxville to Atlanta (240 miles). I wish they would have just put it on a truck but I guess at this point, I can't be picky. This is the only Carbon Metallic within a 250 mile radius!! I'm happy to say that I just drove it home about an hour ago so I haven't had a chance to play with all of the features yet. I hope to do so in the next few days ;)

·
Registered
12 Posts
Good for you! Hope you get a good price. I had 3 Acadia's never show up with dealer trades so when I found the 4th one I went and got it myself. (Virginia to New Jersey and back) When you know what you want and can't wait you gotta sometimes just do it yourself.

We have Carbon/Ebony, 8 pax, DVD, NAV, Heads-up, Sunroofs, AWD, SLT-2, and love it. 2 snow/ice events and lots of fun. Traction and handling were as good as you can hope for. The headsup with nav is really cool too. 2 weeks old and almost over the 500 mile break in so we can stop worrying about going over 55mph. It drives really good and is a superior ride to the Envoy we had.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
We feel like we got a good price. $2,000 off MSRP, and we were able to utilize the $1,000 conquest and $500 cash back options. We then wound up talking them down even more so I don't know what the final price was. I think it was about six hundred over invoice. We were a little upset that we couldn't get the HUD. We were planning on getting it but since this car became available, we figured even if it wasn't exactly what we wanted, we would sacrifice the HUD. The Acadia that we test drove had it and it was awesome. Oh well, maybe my next Acadia (a few years down the road) will have it.

I haven't read my owner's manual yet but do you have to keep the speed below 55mph for the first 500 miles? My only concern is not knowing the person who drove my car the 200+ miles and how he drove it. I hope that he knew this and took it easy on my car (since I now have 250 miles on it)!! :(

·
Registered
310 Posts
[My only concern is not knowing the person who drove my car the 200+ miles and how he drove it. I hope that he knew this and took it easy on my car (since I now have 250 miles on it)!! :(
[/quote]

I don't know how often they go about putting it on a truck, I think the common practice is to drive it.

The 55 for 500 applies to AWD, there is no burn in specified for FWD. I would be willing to bet that the car was probably driven quite a bit over 55, but that is just my speculation. I would not worry about it, it happens to most cars transferred between dealerships. If it caused issues, the dealers would not do it as it iwill surely show up as a warranty issue, not one after 36,000 miles.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Congrats! We just picked up our Acadia today too. We put on about 60 miles. The dealer says there is no break in on the Acadia and it actually "learns" your driving style (or two people's driving style) and adjusts over time to compensate through the computerized technology. He said drive the way you drive from day one, don't hold back. So we were off...you hardly feel or hear the Acadia move at 65. The vehicle drives like a dream and handles like "butta" and the six gear tranny was a pleasure. The car overall is amazing, but we do have a few small peeves/nit picks, but I mean, they are really minor - I will elaborate on these few minor items along with a more detailed post to the "first impressions" thread.

We took a vehicle without the sunroof, which I wasn't thrilled about at first. The Acadia we test drove had the sunroof/skyscape and this is the first set of wheels I've had without at least a power moon roof. I thought I would rue the day I didn't get the sunroof for the rest of the time I owned it. Even though my preference would have been to get an Acadia with the sunroof, after today I have no real regrets, even though the lack of the option was not by first choice. The reason I've made my peace? First, the Acadia is so large and has so much headroom it feels very spacious and not at all closed in, unlike with some cars where the sunroof helps the cabin feel less claustrophobic.

Secondly, since I have several children who will have the DVD on every second they are in the vehicle, it's actually much easier to see (clarity/glare) the DVD with no skyscape/sunroof (and I don't think the screen/shade looked too sturdy, my young kids, as good as they are might have mangled that in an instant - I'd like to hear how you all make out with the sturdiness of that with kids) and the dealer said (maybe he was just trying to make sure I took the car in the showroom and he was overcoming my "objection", but this is what he said...) it can get pretty warm in the back with the skyscape on a sunny [winter] day even with the shade screen and since we tend to like it very chilly in our cars, having the a/c not work so hard to compensate for the radiant heat in a vehicle this size will be a plus for us.

I'm sure there will be some gorgeous nights or a few really "perfect" days I wish I had the feature, but at this time, I can honestly say I'm glad we don't have one. I just wanted to mention this since I see some people have been on the fence about this and it might help them in their decision making. If you love them and couldn't live without it, it's sure sweet and I say "Go for it!", but if you are on the fence for any reason, know, you'll probably be happy without one, even if you are a "sunroof person" like me - as how could you not be happy driving the Acadia. The thing just plain ROCKS!

·
Registered
23 Posts
Hi everyone!

I'm happy to say that I too was in the right place at the right time yesterday! We decided on the Acadia and have been looking high and low to find an SLT-2 with ebony interior. My ideal car would have been red jewel with the 7 passenger configuration. HUD, HID, and sunroof/skyscape. Well, with the 0% financing going on...we were hard pressed to find ANY SLT-2. And when we did find one at another dealership...they weren't willing to trade. The 0% was only going on for 5 days, so we decided to go for a vehicle at our dealer. I told our salesman at first that I wouldn't even look at this one because it's the medium brown...but let me tell you, it's a beautiful color! So, here's the rundown...

SLT-2 FWD
Nav, HID, HUD, DVD, 19" wheels, sunroof/skyscape, towing package. It's Medium Brown/Ebony Leather.

Let me tell you, that HUD is terrific! I can tell I'm hooked already. And the OnStar orientation call we had on the way home was pretty cool too. This is our first GM vehicle so we're new to this feature.

We love it already and are excited to see heads turn as we drive down the street!

·
Registered
597 Posts
Tiffnco,

Congrats on your new Acadia! It sounds beautiful, and you really got it nicely appointed. Can you post a picture of the Med. brown with a front door open showing the Ebony interior? I'd like to see the combo. Have fun - I'm envious!

Smooth <><

·
Registered
23 Posts
I don't see why I can't. I'll try and get that done today. It's really a nice combo...

·
Registered
169 Posts
It's wonderful to see so many people so enthusiastic about a GM product. I performed the fieldwork for my Ph.D. inside the company--I observed how "the voice of the customer" made its way into product decisions--so it's good to see them put such a great product together.

I don't see anyone mentioning the brick interior, so I suppose it's not out yet?

I've seen a few Acadia's with the 19s. Those wheels look great on it.

I suspect many people are still waiting to see how reliable these all-new vehicles will be. I hope to start providing some information on this in my, and August if not May. Depends on how quickly I get a few dozen Acadia owners participating in my research.

http://www.truedelta.com/reliability.php"]Vehicle reliability research[/url]

·
Registered
360 Posts
Congrats on your new Acadia! Enjoy!

Adam Boca

1 - 10 of 10 Posts