GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have read the posts on the debate between grey and black interior showing dirt, etc. However, I am a firm believer in my daily drivers having beige interior (like the Outlook, but I can't deny the HUD and look of the Acadia so I may have to settle for what is offered now).

Regardless of personal opinion, anyone hear of this color being offered in the future?

·
Registered
32 Posts
To answer your question, I have not heard anything about future plans for a beige or tan interior in the Acadia, but I agree with you that it is very desirable. I nearly bought an Enclave or Outlook merely because I wanted a brown interior. I settled upon the Acadia due to its more traditional SUV styling, even if I had to give up the beige interior. The titanium carpet is going to be much more difficult to keep clean, much less the lighter leather upholstery. I am waging a constant cleaning war at present. Had not seen ebony interior or might have chosen that.

·
Registered
165 Posts
coachrider said:
I am waging a constant cleaning war at present. Had not seen ebony interior or might have chosen that.
The black carpet is awful to keep clean and has been one of my major gripes since owning the vehicle. It hides dirt but shows everything else. The pile is really short too making it hard to vacuum. It seems like white lint and hair are superglued to the carpet!!! You might as well get a lint roller out first prior to vacuuming.

The ebony leather seats are not that bad. They do show dust, deodorant crumbs (anything light colored) but they are easy to clean.

I, too, hope for beige in the future. Not sure how it would look, though.

·
Premium Member
1,762 Posts
stevemel, both of the other Lambda siblings, the Outlook and Enclave offer Beige interior (Saturn calls it Tan and buick calls it Cashmere) if you want to know what it looks like. I haven't heard of any plans to offer that interior color on the Acadia either. Although I really do like that beige interior color, I can't imagine it would be THAT much different from our gray interior as far as ability to hide dirt.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well, I just bit the bullet and will be signing on my Acadia with Titanium interior. As previously mentioned though, the black carpet shows lint like you would not believe (I have owned a few sports cars with it, and if they were daily drivers I would have pulled my hair out keeping it clean!!!)

Black carpet for dirt or grease stains? Sure.

Black carpet for every day like lint, dust, etc.? NO!

Ask yourself this, what kind of dirt happens more in a vehicle, dust or grease/dirt???

Anyway, I am committed now. I guess it is time to splurge on floor mats as usual.

Thanks all!

·
Registered
66 Posts
This was one my deciding factors between the 3 siblings...

The Enclave is too rounded and looks more like a minivan sibling to me.

The Acadia and Outlook have the SUV look - and Outlook won by way of Tan Leather option. $41K for a Saturn product? I guess the world is changing.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts