GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone, this is my first post. I traded in my H3 for a new 08 Outlook XE a few weeks ago and I am (not surprisingly) underwhelmed with the audio quality. I apologize for invading your Acadia forum but there is more info here. I was looking for a low-impact strategy for adding some low end and came across Bazooka's FAST wiring harness as a method to wire up their self-powered sub. The T- harness looks like this:

I can't seem to find a pic of the connector on our radio, but this looks like it will be compatible. What do you all think, should i give it a try? Here is a link to the product page:
http://www.bazooka.com/products/mobile/Accessories-C37/FAST-Harnesses-S60/FAST-2003---FAST-interface-for-GM-1999---up--24-PIN-P314
The t-harness works with this wiring extension to connect the sub:
http://www.bazooka.com/products/mob...ses-S60/FAST-BTAH---FAST-Extension-Cable-P230
It seems like the easiest way to add some bass since it eliminates the hunting for the various wires to splice to, its essentially plug and play.

·
Super Moderator
21,982 Posts
you need to get together with 'warhead2002' about this install. He's adding the same (similar) hardware and searching for a power lead. Don't have the time right now to link his post to yours, but if you search for 'bazooka' I'm sure you'll find it.
(Plus some interesting stuff about proper armament for you Outlook!) ;D

·
Premium Member
3,374 Posts
n0m4d said:
Hi everyone, this is my first post. I traded in my H3 for a new 08 Outlook XE a few weeks ago and I am (not surprisingly) underwhelmed with the audio quality. I apologize for invading your Acadia forum but there is more info here...
Welcome to the club and the #1 Lambda forum1. :poke:

We're glad to have disgruntled Enclave, potential Enclave, Outlook, former Outlook, and Traverse forum member/owners here. Even our electronics Guru has an Outlook and posts here by preference. The gravitational pull is so great I was even going to stay a member if we bought a Dodge Journey. :D

I'd suspect the harness would work since from what I've read the GMLAN radios all use the same connector.

BTW, here is Warhead's post about his bazooka.
Still cracks me up. :rofl:

1 Hey, it ain't bragging if it's true! ;D

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
This is definitely a more active forum than the Outlook one, and no doubt will continue to be so I'm gonna hang out here for a bit ;). I did check out all the previous bazooka posts before posting but warhead2002 is taking a different approach with the wiring and an amp, I'm looking to use the self powered model and to minimize vehicle alterations. Not to say I didn't enjoy the thread :). Since it seems the wiring harness haven't changed I'll order up that harness and let you all know how it goes. Thanks for the info!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Blue_2009_SLT2 said:
I'd suspect the harness would work since from what I've read the GMLAN radios all use the same connector.
Unfortunately not, looks like I need to make my own:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts