GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everybody. I'm driving a 2008 Acadia with 60,000 km/40,000 mi on it. Over the past several months my dash readout has frequently flashed a message that the "battery saver has been activated." When this happens, my A/C and ventilation system shuts off. This now happens about every half hour. It even happens when I am driving non-stop on the highway.

My voltage gauge on the dash board shows that everything is operating at normal levels. I do not operate any appliances that plug into the various outlets. And the car is new enough that the battery should not be running down.

Any thoughts?

·
Registered
428 Posts
Looks like it is time for a trip to your dealer, that is definantly not normal and something is malfunctioning.

·
Premium Member
14,870 Posts
This one is new for me; I am interested to know the fix; maybe some sensor or circuit

·
Registered
195 Posts
I just took my Acadia in today because of this same message and as it turns out my battery was leaking and had to be replaced.

I had noticed some white spots on my garage floor below the front passenger side door as well as on the lower panel on the passenger door. As it turns out they think this was discharged from the drain hole that is on the bottom of the battery compartment under the passenger's seat.

Have it looked at ASAP.

·
Premium Member
14,870 Posts
bseemore said:
I just took my Acadia in today because of this same message and as it turns out my battery was leaking and had to be replaced.

I had noticed some white spots on my garage floor below the front passenger side door as well as on the lower panel on the passenger door. As it turns out they think this was discharged from the drain hole that is on the bottom of the battery compartment under the passenger's seat.

Have it looked at ASAP.
Wow that could have turned out bad; thanks for the input

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
jsimms said:
Wow that could have turned out bad; thanks for the input
Wow. Glad they fixed that one right away and hope they neutralized any spilled acid and rinsed it off good so it doesn't get rusty.

·
Premium Member
14,870 Posts
Is the battery compartment plastic? That battery acid could do some real damage if not cleaned properly; who would have thought a leak would have tripped that message; good thinking on GM's part

·
Registered
195 Posts
Looks like I have some checking to do to see if my shop did a good job of cleaning up.

One more thing on my to do list. :(

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
Do you have a sunroof? Has it leaked? I had a leak when I first got the car and it caused a short in my back up sensors. It took quite a while before they found it. Just a thought.

·
Premium Member
14,870 Posts
quetico said:
Well, I took the Acadia into the dealer. They found absolutely nothing. Classic.
What year model? Posting the details of your Acadia may help with troubleshooting

·
Premium Member
3,374 Posts
The OP says it is a 2008, but we can't know what options are there unless the member is kind enough to list them (someone should suggest new members do this I reckon). :) Based on the other text, the vehicle is either Canadian or export (KM) and if the AC is shutting off, it must be auto tri-zone, so this means either an SLT1 or SLT2. That's as far as my crystal ball can see.

·
Premium Member
14,870 Posts
I guess I should have started reading from post 1 :sosad:

·
Premium Member
14,870 Posts
Blue_2009_SLT2 said:
No need to stand out from the crowd in that aspect. :)
I have the habit of back tracking to posts that are the current day to catch up on the day's happenings; sometimes that can be bad as illustrated above ::)

·
Premium Member
3,374 Posts
By "the crowd" I include myself, although I try & read as much as possible before replying & will open a second tab if needed to read/quote. I guess I can't understand this- like when you have asked a question & gotten a response. Then out of the "blue" (several hours later, so not posting at the same time) here comes another answer that has apparently "reinvented the wheel", yet is the same one as the earlier response.

One of the reasons I left the Challenger forum was due to stuff like that happening on a regular basis. Worst one was when I was considering selling the 20" wheels if I bought a car that had them. I had a couple of people that apparently didn't even read the post (it was less than a page long) and thought I was selling them like they were ready to go. I along with some others had to inform them I didn't even own the car yet- my signature showed the status of my order at the time. I refer to this as the short attention span syndrome. Thank you if you've made it this far in this post. :)

One of my all-time favorite movie lines is Porter in Payback when he says "You people aren't listening..."

·
Registered
533 Posts
How much are you selling the movie Payback for?

Smooth[/color] <><

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Hi everybody. Sorry for not posting more details sooner. I'm driving a Canadian 2008 AWD version. It is pretty much as base model as I could find - no sunroof, no special information centre (the notice just shows up on the dash under the speedo). My voltimeter shows a steady reading of about 14-15. The notice can pop up any time. Most frequently, it occurs when I'm driving on the highway. It occurs in all different weather conditions. It occurs both when I have the A/C on and when I have the heat on, in both manual and automatic modes.

·
Premium Member
14,870 Posts
It seems that maybe some wire is vibrating at highway speeds causing the light to come on; especially since there isn't any other associated malfunctions; it's a gremlin running through the wire bundles.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts